Sundown Audio

looking for 2k or similar that can handle .5 ohm

MACnonsence6

whats a good 2k amp that can make close to 4k at .5 ohm looking to do something big with a smaller amp

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Why not just a 1 ohm stable amp that can put out 4k? Just curious, a lot has to be taken into consideration when your dealing with that much resistance. Also when your trying to get that much power, you'll need a veeerrry beefy electrical.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So you want a 2k amp... And want 4k watts?

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

the reason being to stay in a lower class comp wise. as well as the surprise factor when someone things there only hearing 2k rms when really its double that. ik theres a few other factors that come into play im just trying to get an idea of a quality 2k that can do that

being that power generally doubles everytime you half the resistance wouldnt the next stop for a 2k rms @ 1 ohm be close to 4 at half that? if im wrong tell me but when you look at the rated power of any amp thats the general rule of thumb

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i ask alot of questions or partake in flame wars. ive been here for a little while as well. kinda hard to learn shit when you dont ask. and based on how it "apears" most amps are rated with power usually doubling when you 1/2 the resistance i dont think its un reasonable for soneone who doesnt know everything in this field to asume that a 2k rated at 1ohm could potentially make close to 4k at .5. alot of people come to this forum to learn something not get flamed off because people wana be dicks " not saying you just an over all statement of things ive seen happen" if the answer to what im asking is no probably not then thats what i feel it should stay at. not so much your statement here

It won't make 4k at .5. Just because it works out on paper doesn't mean it works out in real life. See my sig for that

Your efficiency goes down and much of the power consumed goes to generating heat instead of electrical energy. Just get a 4k amp if that's what you need

If you call telling how it is being a dick, then I am. Wouldn't be the first time ive been called anything.

Now admit that you are fucking retarded. You want magic numbers by cheaping out on subs and amps, and wiring low.

Anybody who's been around SMD as long as you should be much more educated on car audio. But hey, some people are just not as mentally developed as others.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

If you call telling how it is being a dick, then I am. Wouldn't be the first time ive been called anything.

Now admit that you are fucking retarded. You want magic numbers by cheaping out on subs and amps, and wiring low.

Anybody who's been around SMD as long as you should be much more educated on car audio. But hey, some people are just not as mentally developed as others.

LOLOL

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived