Second Skin Audio

sub on fire, recone?

ncc74656

Doesnt matter what ohm load more like how negligent were you to the burning coil smell.

True. Disregard my ohm load question, I was just looking for a "seeing xxxx amount of power".

I've just never seen it happen this bad. Fuck, Don beat the piss out of his BTL's, over powered them, clipped them to hell, and the worst he managed to do was heat up the glue on the dust cap and blow the cap off the sub.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

gain settings are in the pics. The general idea seems to be that the bass boost is what caused it. When the amp scoped they were not clipping but evidently even without clip the bass boost causes clip?

The cold is getting rather warm and I had asked a few people about it they said it was normal so I just left a day. When this caught fire it was playing at max volume driving down the road in a vented box. The sub was fully loaded with the exception of space spiders.

nothing, gutted

but to answer your question yes a recone is all you need.. that and to learn when you start to smell shit turn it down..

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

And who came to that general idea? And who scooed your amps

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

20130504_205040_zps9bff38e3.jpg

20130504_205210_zps702f606d.jpg

20130504_205210_zps702f606d.jpg

20130504_205032_zpsce1eb62c.jpg

YOU need to learn when you smell it turn it down and also i woudl never let that guy set my amps again. This was 25 mins FULL CLIPPING TO HELL AND BACK

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I answered your post elsewhere. However i'll copy paste it here.

Bass boosts that 1 @ 40hz frequency so when setting gains on an o-scope it is almost useless since music is dynamic. 1 song might play a variety of frequencies ranging from 25hz all the way up to 80hz. However, you set your gains with an o-scope with bb on so you just amplified the hell out of 40hz when you might have set your gains at 50hz. Most of the time people set gains on an o-scope for 1 frequency only and that's for a strong burp. This is why everyone recommends to set gains by ear without any bass boost at all since most systems built are for daily.

With that being said your motor and basket should be fine and should take a drop in recone without any issues. Hell, if you're pissed enough i'd even offer you 200 for the motor and basket since it'll be $236 for a fully loaded drop in. Honestly, it's a live and learn mistake that everyone has mentioned time and time again. I know it sucks, but at least you can always rebuild.

9db of boost ummm nevermind im done here.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived