Sonic Electronix

Where can i find an alternator for a BMW

hey guy's iv looked everywhere sent emails n everything but i can't find a alternator for a 1994 BMW 318i, i need one to do my build i don't really wanna buy a new car but if you got anyone i should email please give me an email or something i'd greatly appreciate it ;D

x2 on singer.. really good alternators made, he's one of the ones that could probably build you one.. but really all of the company's listed by snow you really can't go wrong with.. all badass companys..

oh and wrong section :\

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Have you emailed Mechman, DC, and Singer?

Was coming in to say almost exactly this. They might not list it on their site as they haven't made one for that specific vehicle yet, but a quick email should get you a response as to if they can make you one and approximately how much.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1993 bmw 318is and I was looking for a alternator also, I emailed a bunch of companys last week and here are the results.

dc power: doesn't make anything for us

mechman: no reply yet (haven't called them though)

singer: 160a for $489

powerbastards: fitzall 220a $389

hope that helps.

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

Personally I'd nix powerbastards from that list. Both from a usability standpoint of that fitzall thing, and because of the quality of their product.

It's like this: "Fits everything*"

*modifications required

looks like one of machman's universal alts might work with the correct spacers http://store.mechmanhighoutputalternators.com/alternators/universal/universal-alternator-170-amp/

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived