Pioneerchuck Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 Alright so i went to a local audio shop to see if they had any ring terminals since i ran out...again. Lol And he was talking about how they dont see a need for 0ga and how they ran 4ga all the time back in the day. So I asked what they ran it in and they said the SPL Typhoon and it sounds like a really familiar build but I cant find anything about it. Does anyone know anything about it or has anyone seen this thing?? Im doing my system all on my own and just went for some parts i ran out of so i asked a few questions and their answers were soo off the wall it made me question their ability to actually build a good system..
n8ball2013 Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 scott van riper is the only one that had a typhoon. its an extreme vehicle and not from jersey. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Pioneerchuck Posted August 11, 2013 Author Report Posted August 11, 2013 Id heard of that one before but I knew it wasnt the Typhoon this guy claimed to have. So i was looking around a couple minutes ago and this is what I found, I assume this is what he meant by the Typhoon. They call it the SPL Typhoon. But Ive never heard of it... http://www.audiodepot.com/press/?page_id=49&wppa-album=3&wppa-occur=1&wppa-photo=21
RMac18 Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 By back in the day they didn't mean a few years and a kenwood typhoon by chance?
n8ball2013 Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 show him this. right from his own site The SPL Typhoon has went through a lot of changes over the years making it one step closer to setting the next and hard to beat world record numbers.Early years of this beast hitting numbers like 163db and now years later with SPL readings of 174's...The Typhoon has six 15" woofers that had changed brands over time,being powered by 12 amplifiers, 2 amps per sub at a power level of 16,800 watts.With this kind of power it took a lot of energy to run this beast, that's why it was backed by 24 batteries, 2 - 250amp alternators and a lot of zero gauge wire.Pressure levels would get so high we had a never ending chore of reinforcing the interior and exterior with 1/4" steel and filing the doors with concrete, reinforcement rails and bolts to ratchet the doors shut just to keep this thing sealed, keeping all that pressure inside to push the db mics to there highest. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Pioneerchuck Posted August 12, 2013 Author Report Posted August 12, 2013 I didnt even bother to read the page, i just saw the picture of it. Lol but I'll ask him about it if I ever decide to go back.
Hugh G. Rection Posted August 12, 2013 Report Posted August 12, 2013 scott van riper is the only one that had a typhoon damn n8 beat me to it Owner of BigAss Ports
genesis Posted August 12, 2013 Report Posted August 12, 2013 I bet that truck pissed off the cyclone/typhoon fans lol
big dee Posted August 12, 2013 Report Posted August 12, 2013 I bet that truck pissed off the cyclone/typhoon fans lolyea I was thinking the same thing lol
Lbox88 Posted August 12, 2013 Report Posted August 12, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170268-worlds-loudest-gmc-tyhpoon-extreme-class/ UBL | Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.