Tribe Called Bass Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 I have a small trunk(Honda accord lx) and i gotta shove a dc 5k along with 3 batterys and my box obviously. I can only put the amp on top of my box or in my wheel well and I'm absolutely terrified of getting rear ended because I assume it'll instantly destroy my shit. So my question here is, has anyone been rear ended with their hard earnings in the trunk and walked away? I feel like a amp on top of a box would get smashed to shit, and the same for wheel well. I'm a welder/fabricator so would it be worth building a protection casing for it?
tacomaguy1 Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 Walk away?....I've never heard of a fatality by car audio Yeah here's a chance of it getting ruined in a wreck but that's a chance most of us are willing to take to enjoy the hobby we love Team Flex Issues
SilveradoGoesBang Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 3 wrecks 1 car 3 different setups no equipment damaged. Twice stuff was in trunk. Worst that happend was wire was yanked out of amp and blew the fuse. "SilveradoGoesBang" http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/ 2 FI BTL 18's CT Sounds 7k 2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place
bbeljefe Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 Brother... if someone hits you in the ass and they have insurance, you'll get new shit. If they hit you in the ass and don't have insurance.... the last thing you'll be worried about is some beats. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
Jessica Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 With that avatar i'd say your rear end is the least of your worries. I kid, but yeah, bolt it all down good and just enjoy it. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
SnowDrifter Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 I'm no expert on this stuff: But if someone rear-ends you, aren't they responsible for all damage? Insurance? And if not you can always drag them to court ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.