high output altenators who's really the best?

Singer Ohio Gen Mechman DC Power. id say choose depending on where you live. cant go wrong with any of them. they will all have their faults at some point when we put so much demand on them in hot weather.. choose someone close to you so if it does go out you can get it fixed quickly. Once the new machine comes out to test these then we will see what kinda output they all do.

edit: I run a Singer 350A gm large case. thing is a tank. chose him due to his customer service. met him at a show and was looking at how we were gunna custom fit it on my mercedes. great guy!! no hesitation to buy from again.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

DC 10k @ .7

At idle, 13.3 at full tilt. Well, 97% of full tilt. Im still being a puss for now.

after 4 songs, lowest my fluke caught (min/max option running the entire time) i caught a blip of 13.1

AGAIN, all at idle.

Driving, or at revs, i hold the "hot" charge, all day.

Im extremely satisfied with the set up. And, it will only get better.

After 3 minutes of the heat we are seeing, (been around triple digits for weeks now) i hot charge at 13.6-13.8.

XS VCM shipping this week, will remedy that. :)

What alt setup do you have again?

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

You guys have made me feel a lot better about ohio gen, I was nervous because you don't see a lot about them. But in the end they do reman generators for everything in the area.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

TFade hit the nail on the head...I've never heard one bad thing about Ohio generators EVER. They function and operate in their parameters and because of that are able to provide excellent but consistent customer service. Maybe one day I'll try them out on another build.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

DC 10k @ .7

At idle, 13.3 at full tilt. Well, 97% of full tilt. Im still being a puss for now.

after 4 songs, lowest my fluke caught (min/max option running the entire time) i caught a blip of 13.1

AGAIN, all at idle.

Driving, or at revs, i hold the "hot" charge, all day.

Im extremely satisfied with the set up. And, it will only get better.

After 3 minutes of the heat we are seeing, (been around triple digits for weeks now) i hot charge at 13.6-13.8.

XS VCM shipping this week, will remedy that. :)

What alt setup do you have again?

SINGER 350

3400 under hood

3 - D7500's

2 runs front rear. 2 frame grounds rear, 2 front.

Not much, but, it holds me over 13 easily all day.

;)

DC 270XP. only 2 g31 deka's on the back. NS-1 at 0.7, and 100.4. never drop below 13.8.

and got 2.5 years with alt.

it drop like hell when i went to 0.35, my abuse batts gave out so no real testing. sold the amp..

still want to get a crossfire 8k but idk yet....

Great post from TeamHT as usual.

I will say that I've never heard one single negative thing about Ohio Gen. And that's the only company I can say that about.

I had a Singer and it was fine.

But honestly... is there any way you can clamp your current alt? Maybe it's doing rated and you just need more reserve. Single digit voltage with your amps on an XS d3100 is, in my opinion... user error.

I don't have anything against you going with a more proven company for your alt, but maybe you should explore your current electrical before you drop 600 bucks on an alt you may not need. That money may very well be better spent on batts. you may be right. that was gunna be my next question. I did spend 500 dollars on that damn alt. should get another d3100 which is also almost 500 dollars :unsure: . at idle i'm getting 14.5 or higher its just when my bass hits hard that it goes down to 9.81. I only seen that 1 time but after that I don't even bang my shit loud anymore. then again I have brutus elites for amps(power hungry). could it be the way that its wired to the back. hit me up. I got questions buddy. :noob:

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

I will say that I've never heard one single negative thing about Ohio Gen. And that's the only company I can say that about.

But honestly... is there any way you can clamp your current alt? Maybe it's doing rated and you just need more reserve. Single digit voltage with your amps on an XS d3100 is, in my opinion... user error.

I don't have anything against you going with a more proven company for your alt, but maybe you should explore your current electrical before you drop 600 bucks on an alt you may not need. That money may very well be better spent on batts. you may be right. that was gunna be my next question. I did spend 500 dollars on that damn alt. should get another d3100 which is also almost 500 dollars :unsure: . at idle i'm getting 14.5 or higher its just when my bass hits hard that it goes down to 9.81. I only seen that 1 time but after that I don't even bang my shit loud anymore. then again I have brutus elites for amps(power hungry). could it be the way that its wired to the back. hit me up. I got questions buddy. :noob:

plus I called DC power & they told me that they didn't have anything for my car. because of space restraints. mofuckers. that's buulshit. I hope an xtra batt will do the trick. I just don't know if 220 amps is enough.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

Guest DC Power Kyle

plus I called DC power & they told me that they didn't have anything for my car. because of space restraints. mofuckers. that's buulshit. I hope an xtra batt will do the trick. I just don't know if 220 amps is enough.
Sorry.. we don't do things unless they hold up to our standards...

Kyle has a point, if it isn't going to be good...they won't do it.

But like like Taylor Fade said, you might not even need an upgraded alternator. He's very true and I'm curious what exactly you're powering. You could get two D3100s for $700 shipped from Mechman if you're in the lower 48. Its a very small SMD discount that is offered and is only available over the phone. Depending on your current draw, an extra battery (or upgraded starting) is the best option

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived