Second Skin Audio

Built My First Box Today

g2shuck

Oh I forgot to say what sub is going in it. It will be a soundqubed sdc2.5 12 that will be receiving 500 watts from a kicker 10zx500.1. I know it is not the best amp but could not pass it up for $50. Car is a 2000 Toyota Camry.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Cool man. Good job on the first box. I am too lazy to read through what's already been suggested. But here's my advice. Predrill holes before you screw. And use small screws. Also I only use like 1 1/2" long screws.

Try and use the least amount of screws as possible, they're not needed most of the time. I only use them when I need to secure a joint that I can't get a clamp in there with. Which is usually the port walls.

And scrape off that dried up glue from the corners. Or run your finger along it and smear it into the edges, that's what I do.

Also invest in a router with flush trim/roundover bits. You will love it.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

And if you are going to invest in a router, make sure it is a plunge router. You also might as well get a jasper jig to cut those perfect circles ;)

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

thats one reason why i dont use screws =D

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

looks good

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

looks good

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

And if you are going to invest in a router, make sure it is a plunge router. You also might as well get a jasper jig to cut those perfect circles ;)

Yup. But I don't have a jasper. What I do to draw out my perfect circles is find the center of the baffle, drill a small holes in the middle of where the sub will mount. And measure out the radius of the cutout onto a thin piece of MDF, and drill a little bigger hole for the pencil to slide into. Then drill through the thin piece and slide the drill bit into the hole i drilled in the middle of the sub cutout. I suck at explaining shit so I'll try and find a picture.

07AFE5E9-DF0E-463A-AF13-04B361A5FBC1.jpg

Then I just skillfully go around with a jigsaw ;) Lol. I can make pretty good circles imo.

1150177_537718442950566_507056035_n.jpg

Jigsaw-cut circles. Box I just built for a friend. All edges rounded over and flush trimmed.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I did the same thing basically. Yeah, as long as you take your time with a jigsaw, it can look flawless

SDC13782_zpscbfe3977.jpg

SDC13786_zps3a5079d1.jpg

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Yup. But I don't have a jasper. What I do to draw out my perfect circles is find the center of the baffle, drill a small holes in the middle of where the sub will mount. And measure out the radius of the cutout onto a thin piece of MDF, and drill a little bigger hole for the pencil to slide into. Then drill through the thin piece and slide the drill bit into the hole i drilled in the middle of the sub cutout. I suck at explaining shit so I'll try and find a picture.

07AFE5E9-DF0E-463A-AF13-04B361A5FBC1.jpg

Then I just skillfully go around with a jigsaw ;) Lol. I can make pretty good circles imo.

1150177_537718442950566_507056035_n.jpg

Jigsaw-cut circles. Box I just built for a friend. All edges rounded over and flush trimmed.

That is actually exactly what I did. Then I smotthed it out with a sanding drum on my die grinder and It cam out almost perfect.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Archived