wow this thread progressed fast - forgive me if i missed anything

I've got a few rigs set up.

I've got several BFL Jalapenos going, and a bank of Icarus cards going.

My office computer runs dual 7990s and hashes around 3gh as well when i'm not in the office.

i've got many preorders out and this is where things get shitty...

The difficulty and the delays. BFL who I have a few preorders with are backed up with certainty beyond profitability - via calculator even their 600gh cards as singles will be obsolete by January 2014..

I've got other preorders that have promises to deliver in September and October, which is ahead of the game, but no hardware on site for either of those.

I'm doing good right now, but who knows what will happen when these other machines start shipping, I know I wasn't in the first crowd to put these orders out.

There are theories out there about what you could call an evident future for BTC, and I have my own:

Difficulty could eventually outpace the rate of hardware development, or hardware availability could be selectively rationed to certain elites when the difficulty increases. Eventually the common person, even the not so common person will have no chance at mining. You'll have a cluster of shrouded "BTC corporations" with the majority of the network in a few concentrations. BTC value will plummet initially, only to rise, and only to fall greatly as these corporations flood the market with their savings.

call me crazy.

I'm in now, but I'll be out before then.

I'm curious if anyone here is doing this at all. I know they've been around for a couple of years and the value has risen quite a bit. I've also read the tutorials on how to do so, but I was trying to see if there are some people out there that may be able to give me some tips. I have a few questions that some of you may be able to help me with:

What type of machines are you guys using?

How much does it cost to run per day?

How much do you make per day?

Do you run solo or in a pool?

If you are in a pool are they accepting new people and what are the payouts like?

I'm seriously considering getting into this because I don't think it's a fad like some suggest. I know the government does not like it at all but mining has quite a bit of potential to make money without huge startup costs. I am trying to convince my wife into letting me buy a rig, and I'm considering a small 5Ghs box to start out with. From some accounts online I've seen people making anywhere from .5-1.5 BTC per day using machines that operate at this level. As I don't know that much about the topic are these real amounts that are possible with this type of machine?

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry if this ends up a double post but I wanted to give you some solid advice.

You won't even close to make .5 to 1.5BTC a day with a 5GH machine anymore.

Try more like .03 or less depending on your pool.

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

As far as the other questions you had, with difficulty now you'll want to pool mine, there's plenty of pools out there that will work to dabble in mining, I can refer you to some pools if you want to give it a go.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't read this full thread, but I really looked into this mining business a few weeks ago, and with the trend of increasing difficulty over the past few months, it seems that any miner that I buy for less than like 3 grand will not pay for itself before the difficulty renders it useless. And the Nvidia cards that I have will be a waste of time and energy. And I don't have the coin (see what I did there) to drop on block erupter blades, those things are crazy expensive.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Bit coin was just anniunced as a form of accepted currency by the supreme court. I feel it has to do with the shady side of the internets amd injecting viability and accountability into them so they can go after those types of people

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Bit coin was just anniunced as a form of accepted currency by the supreme court. I feel it has to do with the shady side of the internets amd injecting viability and accountability into them so they can go after those types of people

I agree, they have also defined roles and responsibilities associated with BitCoins. Basically a Miner would need to register and document anyone that he has traded BitCoins with and Exchanges and Vendors have strict guidleines and regulation involved as well. There is a lot of recent infomration out there. The intent does seem to be to track the "money" and the transactions - what good are being purchased by who etc.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

• 2 weeks later...

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Bitcoins will alot of peopke sre shitting bricks and praying that data is encrypted. I dont think thsts safe even. His own stupidity cost him his freedom

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived