Second Skin Audio

10 cube box with single 6inch aero port

Pauly1987

I'm in agreement with Orion on this one. To FULLY get help, post exact dimensions of your current box, we( and you from the sound of it) are just guessing otherwise. You yourself have stated you are guessing about the actual net volume of the enclosure, math doesn't lie. Exact dimensions, pictures, drawings on napkins, etc, will ALL help in allowing us to help you.

Mixing PVC and aeros are a No No

You've mentioned that(a good solution by the way) you don't want to go with a slot port. So that means tying to get the right amount of port area to the subs, and Also TRYING to get the tune correct.

You may not be able to satisfy one of those needs while satisfying the other.

Don't consider PVC ports unless you are willing to flare them yourself. The efficiency comes from the flare, non linear response( which us bad) occurs pretty bad without the flares.

We would love to help, are you willing to take the help provided?

Edit- I see you just added dimensions, thank you.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I never had a response issue with round ports with no flares, then again, I used 10' ports, so can't really find flares unless I wanna pay an arm and a leg for a 10' pvc pipe, or use metal, which is no option for me since I don't work with metal.

Always thought flares only affected spl, not response.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I never had a response issue with round ports with no flares, then again, I used 10' ports, so can't really find flares unless I wanna pay an arm and a leg for a 10' pvc pipe, or use metal, which is no option for me since I don't work with metal.

From what I've been reading in the Loudspeaker Cookbook, non flared ports are pretty non linear and can cause all sorts of issues with compression and noise. I suppose a monster 10" port had good flow and wasn't affected by what smaller ports are prone to.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

From what I've been reading in the Loudspeaker Cookbook, non flared ports are pretty non linear and can cause all sorts of issues with compression and noise. I suppose a monster 10" port had good flow and want affected by what smaller ports are prone to.

Yeah, I thought flares helped because aero's generally have too small of a port area compared to slot, so the possibility of port noise increases, since my 10' port had met the needs of the subs xmax and sd wise, I didn't get any port noise or compression issues.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Guys no help?

4 6inch PVC at what length to get me 33hrz?

Or one 12pvc at what length to get me 33hrz?

I would love to build a new box but can't fund another $120 in material, the wify would kill me!

nvm.....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Man. Why would you spend the money on those Fi Bl's and not give them a proper enclosure?

You could put good subs in a shitty box and they will sound like shit or put shitty subs in a good box and make them sound good.

The enclosure is the most important aspect. Do it right.

If it were me, I would rebuild with a slot port. If you are bound on the aeros, there has already been lengths and info givin' in this thread for you already.

All the best. Good luck and make it right. :)

I say just build a new box, you were willing to spend good money for the BL's, why not for the materials.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

I say just build a new box, you were willing to spend good money for the BL's, why not for the materials.

because wifey will get maaaaaaad. lol

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived