Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 Hey wifey rules the house!!!!! Or bank accounts! I think I may just sell the fi bl when they come in the mail and go with sundown as they only need 7 cubes and my box is looking like 7 cubes after I put that 12inch port in! or build the box right like u guys said! Positive note I think I can make my own flares on the PVC pipe looking at YouTube vids online
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 Nm box is 8.5 cubes after all is said and done, to big for sundowns sa 15 I'm starting all over I think FML
Krakin Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 It's a learning experience. Just make sure you got everything right before you build the next one. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Omega5002 Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 Nm box is 8.5 cubes after all is said and done, to big for sundowns sa 15 I'm starting all over I think FML 8.5 will be fine for the pair if port is correct, manufacture isn't always correct with box specs, don't be afraid to go bigger. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 I was thinking of even having the port stick out the box! As its in the back of a pick up extended cab! And I have 20inches of play between the top of the box and the roof of the cab! That way I don't lose cubic feet and I stay in the 10 cube range! Would the difference In db's be that much between 8.5 cubes and 10 cubes? Or would the bl's be happy in 8.5 cubes?
CleanSierra Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 A 12" diameter port with 17" length should displace like 1.2 cubic feet Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Smoove Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 A 12" diameter port with 17" length should displace like 1.2 cubic feet Good amount of port. Not gonna be enough for a hairtrick OP, if your stuck on aero ports I have 2 of the 6" aero's from parts express I am sure we could work a deal on. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
CleanSierra Posted August 22, 2013 Report Posted August 22, 2013 Yeah, if it were my setup, I'd choose slot port all day. If OP is really wanting to stay with Aero, or flared ports I gave my $.02 Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 Ok well 11.8cubes gross Subtract 1.2cubes for port .4 for the subs .2 for bracing I'm still in the 10cube range Still looking hopefull
Pauly1987 Posted August 22, 2013 Author Report Posted August 22, 2013 Question! How long would a 6inch flared port need to be for a 10 cube box 26inch? Looking for a 33hrz tunning!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.