White Lightning Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 Also ... How good is your EQ !?? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Smoove Posted August 23, 2013 Author Report Posted August 23, 2013 Also ... How good is your EQ !?? No EQ settings, bass and treble set to flat 0 on everything. I will check the wiring to the passive crossovers this weekend and make sure the same. Tweeter option on the crossover is 0 or -3. I am at 0 right now. I have also thought about trying out the EQ feature on my Alpine 9861. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
White Lightning Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 I'm sure for the most part, this can be fixed with EQ ... We've spent hours and hours of EQ time on my 13 band ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Smoove Posted August 28, 2013 Author Report Posted August 28, 2013 When I pulled my door panels to get to the crossovers I found I was already at -3db. So I reversed the polarity and that helped quite a bit. Then I decided to go through the manual for HU. I don't if I missed this setting years ago when I installed the HU or not. But there is a setting that states "for better sound quality when using amps, turn off the internal amplifier". DOH!!! So my Alpine doesn't like sending signal to the low output and the high output at the same time. Turned off the internal amp on the HU and now it's way better. My ears are no longer getting shredded on certain notes. any tuning after this will require some sort of processor. I might pick up a used OEQ-1 since they are cheap on ebay. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
BboyTaktix Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 nice, glad to hear you found a solution, and even better, you came back and shared it with the forum. 2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp) SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.