Second Skin Audio

Thinking of switching subs

stevog

Currently I have a fi bl 15 powered by a sundown saz 2500 and I was thinking of getting two hdc3s 12s, the only problems are that many people say the hdc3s don't have as good lows as the bl and also I am limited on space. I only have room for a box of 35w 18h and 12d. Would it be an upgrade if I were to buy the hdc3s or should I just stay with my bl?

I would like to get some more fi subs but its a little bit out of my budget for 2 12s. What if I were to get a sp4 15 would that be a good upgrade from the bl?

From what you tell i think your budget is in the moment to near on the low end. Save a little up and upgrade than to 2 12´s and a stronger amp.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Hahaha those people are stupid. I had two 18 hdc3s and they got low as he'll. If u tune your box a bit lower I'm sure you'll be hitting the lows good with those 12s.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

With the same power and same limited size box, just stick with what you have.

The SP4 might do a little better with your limited space, but until you add more power it is not going to be a night and day difference.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived