Sonic Electronix

Help with loaded sub looking clean

I have a Alpine SBR-S83V subwoofer final impedance of 4 ohms, I want to get another one exactly the same and wire both of them down to 2 ohms. How can i wire it down and make it look clean without having wires sticking out of the port.

I have an Alpine MRP-M500 class d amp with only the + and -.

maybe this pics can help somewhat and people familiar with the alpine subs.

x500SBRS83V-o_left.jpeg

ALPINE-SBRS83V-BACK.jpg

Hook the wires from the voice coils to two bolts, one for positive and one for negative through the box and hook two wires to the other sides of the bolts and wire them to the positive and negative of the amp

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Looks like there are terminals on that box. Just use those. Not sure why you'd run the wires out of the port

but if i connect two subs that read 4 ohms they wont go down to 2 ohms when i connect them to the amp, its just going to be 2 subs connected together at 4 ohms. I need to wire both subs together and make them read 2 ohms so i can push 250 rms to each sub instead of 150 rms to each sub.

they're not illustrating to run them from speaker to speaker. they're illustrating how the wires are attached themselves (positive to positive, etc). many people would have them in the same box where attaching them from one speaker to another is the most logical way

Archived