Normal for an impact gun to do this?

I have a husky 300ftlb impact, 20 gallon compressor (4 cuft/min @90psi), and a 50ft 3/8 air hose. Compressor was charged to 150 psi, regulator set to 90psi.

The impact I'm using will stall out - will stop hammering and just sit there leaking air until I pulse the trigger a few times. Then it does 1-2 more hammers, then just sits there again.

When it stalls only a tiny bit of air comes out of the handle, much less than if I were to take it off the bolt and spin it up "free air"

Is this typical? My battery powered hand drill w/ impact attachment puts out more torque than this

I have a husky 300ftlb impact, 20 gallon compressor (4 cuft/min @90psi), and a 50ft 3/8 air hose. Compressor was charged to 150 psi, regulator set to 90psi.

The impact I'm using will stall out - will stop hammering and just sit there leaking air until I pulse the trigger a few times. Then it does 1-2 more hammers, then just sits there again.

When it stalls only a tiny bit of air comes out of the handle, much less than if I were to take it off the bolt and spin it up "free air"

Is this typical? My battery powered hand drill w/ impact attachment puts out more torque than this

is it new ? or old?

did you oil it like normal ?

edit: what is the air regulator knob set to ? (on the bottom of the handle)

could be offset

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Both are brand new

Oiled the gun, spun it around by hand, put more oil in it, then whizzed it through with the air. Then took it off, oiled it once more, then used it. Each time I oiled I used about 5 drops. It was the first time being used so I wanted to be sure it was nice and lubed

Regulator is set to 90psi.

I can get a video if it's helpful

Well like a true genius I can't find the receipt to take it back. So I guess I'll be taking advantage of the warranty.

Will get a video up tomorrow

I have this happen all the time with one I have from advance auto. It only does that with a certain position I hold it. If I hold the gun straight down or at a 45 degree angle its perfectly fine but if its anything more than that or sideways it will just leak air and not spin at all. It works perfectly fine as long as its not tilted sideways or upside down. I don't know if its something inside that jams it or what but thats what I found with mine. Have you tried to use different positions when you were using the gun?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Right.. So here's a video of the issue I'm having

And a video of a cordless drill for reference

I had the same problem with mine last summer. completely disassembled it, oiled, greased and put back together and still nothing. spent like 3 hours on that thing. I just tossed it as it was an older one. but yours on the other hand.... find that receipt lol

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's