Second Skin Audio

sundown x 12's or 15's?

trent420

I posted a similar thread in the sundown forum, but i probablly should have posted here first. I have a 3000.1 MMATS in my 2001 Eclipse. I'm about to upgrade from my Rockford p3 12's. I have enough room to do 2 x series 12'in a 4th order, or 2 15's vented. I'm going for loud as hell! What would you do in my situation?

if you want loud, i think the 2 15's are gonna be louder.. just go with the 2 15's in a 4th order..

but if you've never done 4th orders make sure you get someone who knows what they're doing to design you one..

oh and make sure you have enough space for the 2 15's in a 4th order.. if not then go with the 12's..

really the box is gonna make or break it in the end.. dont try and squeeze a box

and it end up being too small..

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Thank you. I'm gonna do the 12's in a 4th order. I know I don't have enough room for the 15's in a 4th, so I'm going to do What's most efficient. I've got 2 Rockford 12's now and they are crazy loud because of my tiny car. The amp isn't even half way up either. When I get speakers capable of taking all it can push,it should do what I want. Thanks guys.

Ported box. Not only do you gain 50% cone area but the added power. And I would worry about those subs hitting low 20's in a ported.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Thank you. I'm gonna do the 12's in a 4th order. I know I don't have enough room for the 15's in a 4th, so I'm going to do What's most efficient. I've got 2 Rockford 12's now and they are crazy loud because of my tiny car.

The amp isn't even half way up either

Red flag there ^^^^

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived