Voltage drop-not what you think

Yeah man you have a LOW idle. That's not typical of most cars and manufacturers don't usually design around that.

You could also get a larger crank pulley

yeah my grandads truck is an 02 silverado 4.7l it idle at 500rpm I was like shit while my 97 dakota 3.9l idle at 750rpm

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Yeah man you have a LOW idle. That's not typical of most cars and manufacturers don't usually design around that.

Larger crank pulley? I know nothing about cars at all, except for some stuff audio related. Would this be a good alternative to just getting a new alt altogether that'll put out at my idle?

Edit: Email from Mike 2-22-12, says alt puts out 140a at idle (800 rpms). I probably should've read

You know how you have a certain size pulley on the alt? There's a larger pulley on the engine too. In theory, if you were to make the one on the engine even larger, it would spin the alt faster

Larger crank pulley? I know nothing about cars at all, except for some stuff audio related. Would this be a good alternative to just getting a new alt altogether that'll put out at my idle?

Edit: Email from Mike 2-22-12, says alt puts out 140a at idle (800 rpms). I probably should've read

You know how you have a certain size pulley on the alt? There's a larger pulley on the engine too. In theory, if you were to make the one on the engine even larger, it would spin the alt faster

Gotchya, but do you think it'd be efficient for me to go ahead and do that? And would it have any other sort of effects on the car such as loss of gas mileage, etc?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I have that same problem when at a light at idle my voltage drops to 12.2 called up Mechman and they told me it was nothing they could do for me but order a new universal alt but I would need to make a custom bracket something I dont know how to do or have the money for a new alt. So Im looking for a solution just like you.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Gotchya, but do you think it'd be efficient for me to go ahead and do that? And would it have any other sort of effects on the car such as loss of gas mileage, etc?

That much I can't answer for you. Never done it myself so I'm only suggesting it based on the math lol. Only thing I'd be worried about it spinning components like power steering, water pump, and air conditioning faster than they were designed for

best bet is to just get an alt that made for you at 500rpm or whatever your car rpm is, Mechman may have one that will due 500rpm he can build it, I due know like my truck I e-mailed him he replay with that low 750rpm he had to do something to make it work idk what it was but just give a shout to see

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

I have that same problem when at a light at idle my voltage drops to 12.2 called up Mechman and they told me it was nothing they could do for me but order a new universal alt but I would need to make a custom bracket something I dont know how to do or have the money for a new alt. So Im looking for a solution just like you.

Yeah my voltage only dropped to 12.2ish after a good minute or two at idle when I had the XP3000 hooked up in the trunk. That's what I was guessing at in the video was that the reserve capacity of the batteries or whatever it's called allows them to stay higher longer as compared to just having my single Interstate dropping quickly.

That much I can't answer for you. Never done it myself so I'm only suggesting it based on the math lol. Only thing I'd be worried about it spinning components like power steering, water pump, and air conditioning faster than they were designed for

Yeah that's what I'd be worried of as well :/

best bet is to just get an alt that made for you at 500rpm or whatever your car rpm is, Mechman may have one that will due 500rpm he can build it, I due know like my truck I e-mailed him he replay with that low 750rpm he had to do something to make it work idk what it was but just give a shout to see

Yeah I'll probably be emailing DC Power, Mechman, and Singer all just to see what my options are at 400 RPMs. Kinda sucks tbh, but I can't really get another car for a while to do anything with...

I appreciate all the help though everybody! Feel like I learned a good bit here as always and I guess I've got some quotes to get in the morning :)

an yeah don't do the crank shaft it will fuck every thing up the power steering will be really sensitive and your ac will stop working when driving

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

an yeah don't do the crank shaft it will fuck every thing up the power steering will be really sensitive and your ac will stop working when driving

Yeah I try not to do anything that I'm not fully willing to learn quite yet haha. Guess I'll be switching back to stock alt this weekend then I think :)

Either a DC power or mechman billet alt should solve your issue.

Might be "billet tech" or something like that. Can't remember.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw