HID Help - NEW PROBLEM

Your car more than likely has drl system, which depending on how it's activated. The signal may be pulse width modulated. Which cuts the circuit on and off so fast it dims the factory low beams. That's why the relay clicks on and off. Normally you can stop it by running a ground from factory plugs to a ground on the vehicle. It will level ice the circuit.

Good call on the PWM lights. Yeah it could be like Dangrebel said and you have that. One way to test is to manually turn on the headlights. At least in my truck it will go to full output and it should bypass your problem. I don't have PWM lights, mine just give it a lower voltage for the DRL's than the normal headlight output when you turn the knob. What if you turn the key to run with the engine off, do the relays click rapidly like in the video? If so then you have a problem with the car controlling the headlight output for the daytime running lights and you can do like I did on my truck and disable the DRL's by rewiring the BCM which isn't hard if you know what wires to cut and connect a relay to.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

may have to disable the drl on the car and just manual turn the lights on and yes the cheap harness may be the cause this is why, I bought the ebay harness and this what it look like 3months later

1229968_570672216329406_1387851849_n.jpg

540706_570672222996072_566442503_n.jpg

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Justin: I had the same damn relay before for my high and fog lights. The lows were on their own relay per ballast. The one night my sister came and got me because my fog lights decided to kick on out of nowhere in the middle of the night and didn't turn off. Sure enough the same relay like you posted was bad in my truck and wouldn't turn off, even if I slammed it so I ripped it out. Now I have the fogs on their own independent relays per ballast and same for my low beams. The highs were removed when I got off my lazy ass and actually wired up the bi-xenon part of my projectors so they would be high beams too.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

yelp this is for the 9007-3 the one that has hi/lo with just one bulb, one relay does the hi/lo function the other gave power to the ballast

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Archived