SMD Folding @ Home Team

Well I'm not quite sure about it yet as I haven't fully read into everything. But I left my computer on when I posted this morning and just got back, it's still going 99% lol. Temps only went up to about ~67C. Might turn my fans up before I go to sleep. I haven't actually finished the 2 folds yet, so I guess that's why I don't show on the team page yet?

my ppd is low at 40,000-ish. Can I boost that up or will it comes with more completed WUs?

I did what you guys post above with the cliet-type/advance additions but it just started a 3rd process onto my CPU, and the GPU is only doing 1. How are you guys pulling 100k+ from your GPUs? Mine is only doing 15k?

If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like you added the advanced flag while your GPU is in the middle of a WU, it will have to wait until that one is completed to pull an advanced WU. You want the PRCG # over to the right to be 8900, 7810, or 7811; as of today 11/09/2013, these are the WU's that are giving bonus points at the moment for GPU's. Anything else will give like under 30k PPD for even high end cards.

My ppd on my desktop is only about 30,000 tho my video card is only a GTX-650, but shows up in F@H as a GT-650......... But it did seem to go up about 6,000 points when I configured the thing above, and restarted the F@H program

Either way its gimp, and probably why when I ordered a 2nd 650 a while ago to run in sli, I noticed there was no sli fingers on it, so now I got 2 of the same cards, one with and one with out sli fingers. ha

I asked about the same question when you show up on the team list, but wont be until you complete a workunit, thats when mine popped on there Alan.

Im still getting the feeling I should be pulling more from my cpu, but Ill have to examine that elsewhere and research for better settings possibly.

Sorry if I missed it, but what CPU are you using and what PPD is it putting out? To give a reference, my i7 2600k @ 4GHz w/ 6 cores folding is doing 19k PPD right now, maybe it'd be 24k with all cores folding. The amount of work that modern GPU's put in with hundreds of stream processors is a lot more than normal desktop CPU's and Stanford has been recently testing out the Quick Return Bonus (QRB) system for GPU's, more points for more work, etc. Only server CPU's will see the amount of points that modern GPU's are putting out.

My bad, yes, that's how it's done.

Here's a pictorial guide as well http://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/configuration-guide/#ntoc9

I should mention, setting the client type to advanced only allows your client to pull advanced WU's if they are available. All day today, my GPU's have only pulled project 8018 which do not give a Quick Return Bonus, and the PPD is low in comparison.

@KiKaZz, have you pulled any advanced WU's today? I'm thinking either their advanced pool is empty, or something is up with my config after the last client update

I'm not sure how to find what type of wu I'm doing. Wheres it at?

Click on the folding slot and let me know what PRCG it's working on. If the base credit and estimated credit are the same, it's a normal work unit, but if estimated is more than base, it's a QRB WU.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

STOP IT!!! :( i must keep my lead. im gonna be sad if that dude with the bitcoin miner jumps in. we all are effed then.

haha yeah, he'd mow us all over. Steve's rig is killer too, I'm guessing ~400k PPD

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

I was at around 30k total ass of this morning, now its back down to 18k total, so a huge drop. dont know why that is, except maybe larger wu?

Yeah man, could very well be the wu, some stress the CPU a lot more than others, some give more points than others, etc. How's your temps looking?

~Henry David Thoreau

I'm not home to check now but I will later. I still wish my fx8350 and k1000 quadro would hit more than 3-8k ppd. Is there a way to tie the cpu and gpu together? Or is it not worth doing?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I was at around 30k total ass of this morning, now its back down to 18k total, so a huge drop. dont know why that is, except maybe larger wu?

Yeah man, could very well be the wu, some stress the CPU a lot more than others, some give more points than others, etc. How's your temps looking?

I had to back my OC off a little bit since this Corsair H80i is a POS, and was getting a little too close for my likings from time to time, but the computer has been mostly running 24/7 at 100% max load and temps are now staying consistent in the 38.5 to 40,8 degrees Celsius.

Im not even turning F@H down at all, when Im using my PC, seems like surfing the web is just fine, even watching videos on youtube in HD and full screen is fairly flawless :)

The only time I really notice any sort of lag is if I open my browser, but then it is just a slight hesitant.

Is F@H set as a higher priority for your computer?

The defualt for F@H may be set low and after that slight moment the browser takes priority.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I had to back my OC off a little bit since this Corsair H80i is a POS, and was getting a little too close for my likings from time to time, but the computer has been mostly running 24/7 at 100% max load and temps are now staying consistent in the 38.5 to 40,8 degrees Celsius.

Im not even turning F@H down at all, when Im using my PC, seems like surfing the web is just fine, even watching videos on youtube in HD and full screen is fairly flawless :)

The only time I really notice any sort of lag is if I open my browser, but then it is just a slight hesitant.

What would you say is too hot? I'm sitting at 65-72ºC on cpu and around 45ºC on gpu. Is that to hot? On air cooling.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

At 100% on both CPU and GPU earlier today, I had 3 WU's going (2 on CPU / 1 GPU) working @ ~63-65*C for both of them and they had been going for about 24 hours straight at that point. My GPU fans were at 50%, and I have no clue how to adjust my CPU fans, or if I even can. I thought I remember doing it before but I could be think of the gpu fans.

In fact, I might have plugged the CPU fans straight into my PSU, because they didn't plug into the board (it was an M-ATX, so it needed those small prongs) so they might be at 100%..?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

What would you say is too hot? I'm sitting at 65-72ºC on cpu and around 45ºC on gpu. Is that to hot? On air cooling.

Depends on which processor you have, that maybe completely normal.

Mine was pushing 51-52 degrees Celsius

This processor has a 220watt TDB to begun with, but its about right since if you had a fx8350 and overclocked it to the same stock speeds as a fx93370 its TDP would be very close, not to mention I got it overclocked more then its stock settings, so its probably pushing a easy 230-240 watts when its overclocked.

Right around 57degrees Celsius its starting to stress the cpu iirc, and thermal threshold is around 61degrees I believe.

Archived