SMD Folding @ Home Team

Do the passkey to link them. Use advanced control. And restart after doing that. It should open it up or run it atleast.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I stuck with my 470 because I could get another 470 for 110$, and bench about the same as a 680. Does the 680 use 4 times as much power? Yes. Did it make more sense to get that instead of upgrading my motherboard to actually do SLI? Probably. Does it look cooler having two cards in SLI? Fuck yes. All in all, it still cost me less to do the SLI 470 rather than get a 680. A hell of a lot less than a 780. I have a friend trying to sell me a Titan right now for 700. I really want it, but I just don't spend enough time using it to justify the 700$.

The thing is you are talking on buying 1 card to add to your existing card that you already own.

Not going out and spending 600$ on two new cards that are almost 2years old like alan said.

Yea nvidia is expensive, but so is spending 600$ on too subpar outdated cards, of which one user in this thread is already using and said about 60,000 PPD with one card, even if you where to go out and buy a 2nd for crossfire, spend said $600 on 2 cards, your looking at 120,000 PPD for $600, thats a far cry from the 240,000 to 330,000PPD you will get for another $130 more on a 780ti.

Hate to say it but 6months down the road, 1 year down the road, whenever the 780ti will be way more relevant then some older cards (even if ran in SLI or Crossfire).

I stuck with my 470 because I could get another 470 for 110$, and bench about the same as a 680. Does the 680 use 4 times as much power? Yes. Did it make more sense to get that instead of upgrading my motherboard to actually do SLI? Probably. Does it look cooler having two cards in SLI? Fuck yes. All in all, it still cost me less to do the SLI 470 rather than get a 680. A hell of a lot less than a 780. I have a friend trying to sell me a Titan right now for 700. I really want it, but I just don't spend enough time using it to justify the 700$.

The thing is you are talking on buying 1 card to add to your existing card that you already own.

Not going out and spending 600$ on two new cards that are almost 2years old like alan said.

Yea nvidia is expensive, but so is spending 600$ on too subpar outdated cards, of which one user in this thread is already using and said about 60,000 PPD with one card, even if you where to go out and buy a 2nd for crossfire, spend said $600 on 2 cards, your looking at 120,000 PPD for $600, thats a far cry from the 240,000 to 330,000PPD you will get for another $130 more on a 780ti.

Hate to say it but 6months down the road, 1 year down the road, whenever the 780ti will be way more relevant then some older cards (even if ran in SLI or Crossfire).

If you mean me, I get 110k or a little more PPD from my 280x now.

Paid $310 for it.

I do however support a single stronger gpu over two lesser cards that equal its output.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Your also not going out and dropping cash on 2 new, but old cards. you already got one of said cards too.

I can see buying a 2nd card if you already have 1 currently, but going and buying 2 dated cards that cant even do the work of one card that only costs $130 more.....

Thats just foolish and flushing your money away, but then again Im over thinking everything. 'rolls eyes'

Now if I wasnt using my computer and it was able to fold 24/7 Im sure id be putting out better numbers, but I normally end up gaming for 6-10hours daily just to level up on bf4, or playing other games. lol

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the millionaire club! :drinks:

I haven't had the chance to play around with servers, I'm curious did you keep that -bigadv flag on yours? I've heard that in some cases it drastically helps, but in some cases, not so much, depends on the CPU's.

My production has really slowed down now, this past week has been hella crazy, sold the GTX 690 and am in a transition phase GPU-wise.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

i ended up shutting down for now. my mom showed our elctic bills and it hasnt gone up yet but i shut it down to help out so i uit getting yelled at. hopefully i can start it back up in the future but as of now im done. i contributed what i could. :) it was fun while it lasted and ill continue to follow our team. good luck to all of you guys. :)

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

i ended up shutting down for now. my mom showed our elctic bills and it hasnt gone up yet but i shut it down to help out so i uit getting yelled at. hopefully i can start it back up in the future but as of now im done. i contributed what i could. :) it was fun while it lasted and ill continue to follow our team. good luck to all of you guys. :)

That's how I feel haha; I know I haven't done much, but I still like to game and don't want my system at 100% a large portion of the day.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived