Sonic Electronix

is two 2k amplifiers really 4000watts??

Thanks guys, watched the video. Now onto some trickier questions. My amp puts out 1200watts at 2 ohms, I am running a dual 2+2 voice coil sub. If I run 1 amp per sub, I am forced to wire it up at 2ohms per coil still only giving me a max wattage of 1200watts per coil = 2400 watts total. So really... what did I gain? How do I wire my shit up to see a full 4000 watts??????

If you strap your final ohm will be 1ohm giving you 4000watts not the 2400 you was thinking.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Thanks guys, watched the video. Now onto some trickier questions. My amp puts out 1200watts at 2 ohms, I am running a dual 2+2 voice coil sub. If I run 1 amp per sub, I am forced to wire it up at 2ohms per coil still only giving me a max wattage of 1200watts per coil = 2400 watts total. So really... what did I gain? How do I wire my shit up to see a full 4000 watts??????

Are you trying to say that your subs are dual voice coil with 2 ohm coils?

If yes then you can wire them up to 1 ohm or 4, or run one amp per coil and it would be a 2 ohm load for the amp.

If yopu have 2 subs that are dual 2ohms you strap the amp wire the subs together for a final 2 ohm load or you run each sub on its own amp at 1 ohm its not hard your installer should know this

HOW MANY DUAL 2 OHM SUBS DO YOU HAVE one posts you make it sound like you have one another like you have 2 which one is it

You should ask these questions before spending money

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have only 1 sub. Sorry, I'm a little illiterate at typing some-days. The whole reason I began asking these questions is because in the manual for the amp it says "when two amps are strapped together you can run at a minimum ohm impedance of 2 ohms" Does that mean that both amps are now running at the full 2000watts @ 1 ohm X2 = 4000watts @ 2ohms? I'm new to this whole strapping thing; so sorry for the n00b questions.

Archived