rockford tells me wire tweets thru xovers even with 360.3

bassman619

Well if you're going to use them both you might as well use them all. Activate your head unit's high pass crossovers, send that to the 360.3 and use the 360's crossover, then send it to the amp and also use the amps built in crossover, and also use the component's passive crossover. Also throw a capacitor in line with the tweeter.

You'll have a 192db/octave slope. You could power your tweeties with the hoover damn then and not worry about them blowing.

tweeter protection is never a bad idea, ive done it before for other peoples installs.

But normally I filter by the deck and amp.

The latest install for a guy he had a jbl ms-8, an alpine 4 channel and hertz energy components active.

He wasnt trusting the ms-8 alone for crossing over the tweeters, so I told him Id set the high pass too.

2 days later he came by with some Dayton audio capacitors to run inline that would cross the speakers over at 2k.

A bit over board imo, but one thing to remember is if the battery gets disconnected for any reason your deck, and possibly your processor will lose settings at least the ms-8, and I think one of the audisons too.

So playing the system without resetting it all or not knowing how is going to blow some tweeters for sure.

Well if you're going to use them both you might as well use them all. Activate your head unit's high pass crossovers, send that to the 360.3 and use the 360's crossover, then send it to the amp and also use the amps built in crossover, and also use the component's passive crossover. Also throw a capacitor in line with the tweeter.

You'll have a 192db/octave slope. You could power your tweeties with the hoover damn then and not worry about them blowing.

you're just kidding right?

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

tweeter protection is never a bad idea, ive done it before for other peoples installs.

But normally I filter by the deck and amp.

The latest install for a guy he had a jbl ms-8, an alpine 4 channel and hertz energy components active.

He wasnt trusting the ms-8 alone for crossing over the tweeters, so I told him Id set the high pass too.

2 days later he came by with some Dayton audio capacitors to run inline that would cross the speakers over at 2k.

A bit over board imo, but one thing to remember is if the battery gets disconnected for any reason your deck, and possibly your processor will lose settings at least the ms-8, and I think one of the audisons too.

So playing the system without resetting it all or not knowing how is going to blow some tweeters for sure.

5his right here is the best and pretty much only reason I see to put in the passive xovers..but then I also have people saying "why are u going to use the passive xovers if u have a 3sixty? Ur defeating the purpose.blah.blah.blah" i think ill go with my gut and thriw the passives in. But honestly I think I may just sell the 3sixty, abandon the idea of a doubledin and buy a pioneer 80prs. 3sixty thing is getting too damn complicated

the people that said RF told you that, to protect the product (and themselves) are correct. Running active is risky, even if you know what you are doing. The mids and subs usually aren't the problem, it's the tweeters. Tweeters are sensitive and can blow a lot easier.

The crossover recommendation is because those RF passives have excellent built in protection inside of them.

if you think you have the experience to run fully active and no passives, then go for it! You don't have to us passives, its just the PROTECTION inside they want on the tweets. Even if they aren't RF tweets, they still don't wanna see someone smoke them....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Its not a bad idea at all. There isnt a person in this threadwho hasnt crispied a tweeter or six. Theres no such thing as too safe. But for the comments abiut turning all the crossovers on etc there Iis sucsuch a thing as too conplicated

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ive never burnt tweets but this is the first time im going active..ive always used the passive xovers. Yeah ive made my decision going with the 80prs and dumping the 360. Too much trouble and it would sound fine with out it any way..f it

the people that said RF told you that, to protect the product (and themselves) are correct. Running active is risky, even if you know what you are doing. The mids and subs usually aren't the problem, it's the tweeters. Tweeters are sensitive and can blow a lot easier.

The crossover recommendation is because those RF passives have excellent built in protection inside of them.

if you think you have the experience to run fully active and no passives, then go for it! You don't have to us passives, its just the PROTECTION inside they want on the tweets. Even if they aren't RF tweets, they still don't wanna see someone smoke them....

thx steve ..I know you're right because we all know you know what you're talking about more than anyone here. Being that im basically popping my active xover cherry I think ill put the condom on hahaha. I still don't understand how the hell you ran two 3sixty.3s in your tahoe. Maybe you could share the secret because im sure most of us here in the thread are both amazed and stumped at that. I don't want to spend all my lifesavings on my system but Im just hoping with the highs and mids im putting in, some active crossing over plus the two rf t2 15" subs that my system will sound better than the average joe that goes to some hole-in-the-wall shop to have em install a level 2 bass package.

Another thing is do the passives have filtering to help the tweeters have a flatter response curve, I know my t2675's had bright-harsh tweeters and had to cut 15k -6db to get that out of them. I never tried the passives, but people who used the passives said they were not harsh to them. Try both ways and see what you like best.

Archived