rockford tells me wire tweets thru xovers even with 360.3

bassman619

So I called rf development and they told me even if going active with the 360.3 to wire the tweeters to the xover and xover to amp..what? Is this correct.? I was under the impression that u dont need the passive xover if u are going active

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

most likely their way of making sure a customer doesn't FCK up their product and blame it on the product... this way it is def playing at it's intended frequencies and you can't make it play lower than it should

So I called rf development and they told me even if going active with the 360.3 to wire the tweeters to the xover and xover to amp..what? Is this correct.? I was under the impression that u dont need the passive xover if u are going active

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

You don't need the passive crossover if you use the 360.3 as an active crossover. 1 crossover is enough. What more than likely happened is that you got one of the less knowledgable people working at rockford, and he was just saying that to assure your tweeties were safe.

Again, one crossover is enough. If the active crossover is 12db/octave, and the passive is 12db/octave, you would now have a 24db/octave slope. Unnecessary and a waste of amplifier power to have to go through the passive network.

The only reason I can see having a capacitor in line with the tweeters is to protect them from turn on pops and other noise issues. It is common in planar and ribbon tweets but either than that I have never being used. It seems redundant to go passive and active together for the same cut off point. Now if the passive supplied with the tweeters was 18 and the 360.3 only a 12 it might be a different story. Did the recommend a certain high pass freq. too?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

You don't need the passive crossover if you use the 360.3 as an active crossover. 1 crossover is enough. What more than likely happened is that you got one of the less knowledgable people working at rockford, and he was just saying that to assure your tweeties were safe.

Again, one crossover is enough. If the active crossover is 12db/octave, and the passive is 12db/octave, you would now have a 24db/octave slope. Unnecessary and a waste of amplifier power to have to go through the passive network.

thats exactly what I b thought but the guy at rockford must not hav3 known his stuff

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

No I dnt think the guy really new what he was talking about ..he wasnt very helpful..

most likely their way of making sure a customer doesn't FCK up their product and blame it on the product... this way it is def playing at it's intended frequencies and you can't make it play lower than it should

Nope, the guy knew exactly what he was talking about and that was covering RF's behind on this by telling you that.

I bet if you had called and asked what x-over points they recommend for the tweets and mids as you are going active they might have told you. If you started the conversation by asking if it was OK they gave you the don't do it speech.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Biggest advantage to passively controlling your active system is to help make sure you do not play a driver outside its range. Unless you are very sure you will not toast a driver running active directly, having the xover isn't a bad idea. I do it on a number of systems I build, and also have it done this way on one of my own systems. with the power I have running, it helps keeping it from going full retard.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The biggest advantage to having the passive is to prevent the tweeter from seeing too much power and blowing the speaker, so the passive is a way of protecting it though the protection circuit limiting the amount of power it can see.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived