rockford tells me wire tweets thru xovers even with 360.3

bassman619

I would keep the 360. It is so much more than a selective xover box. Plenty of tuning you can do with passive crossovers in place.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I have a set of 20 uF caps on my tweeters for protection and am running full active processed with an MS-8. I am using RF amps (3 total) and I have no problems. I have all Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers in a 3-way set up and it just plain ROCKS!

Passive crossovers can cause phase shifts which could affect Time Alignment which is a great feature of the 360 (and others).

I'm assuming the 360 can compensate for that?

I haven't used one but am interested in getting one.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Yea.u can mess with alot of settings from what ive seen..time alignment. .crossover points slopes..it also is a line driver by increasing output voltage at the rcas..analog to digital processing. .so over all makes the music sound cleaner gives over 30 bands of eq per channel and so many settings to mess with.hopefully u have a laptop because for me anything smaller than a computer just isnt enough

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Well if you're going to use them both you might as well use them all. Activate your head unit's high pass crossovers, send that to the 360.3 and use the 360's crossover, then send it to the amp and also use the amps built in crossover, and also use the component's passive crossover. Also throw a capacitor in line with the tweeter.

You'll have a 192db/octave slope. You could power your tweeties with the hoover damn then and not worry about them blowing.

Hey while your doing all this you might as well turn the bass on the headunit all the way down into the negatives.

cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif

This was just too damn funny lol. I hate a smoked tweeter though!

Archived