bkolfo4 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Box is fine - I thought maybe purple was just drunk posting. Can't measure impedance with a DMM was my concern. AMI - I have to say I cannot agree with your statement. If he actually has 3500 watts, he could rip that SP4 to shreds even with a tuning of 34-35 Hz if he is playing much below that, or if his tuning is a little higher than he thinks it is. Better have a subsonic filter set correctly with that much power. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
twisted1 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 What your trying to accomplish? Spl, sq, or just smash deadly lows on music? Get a hold of a termlsb an see where your peaking at then start there. Might have to build another box 09 mustang gt
Shigshwa Posted September 8, 2013 Author Report Posted September 8, 2013 SQL is where I'm headed for this build. I've had a friend meter my car across the frequencies, and in my car, it peaks around 40 hz. Those are just numbers though, because the 30s and 35s are pretty intense inside. I'm just concerned that if 38 is the actual tuning frequency and not just a vehicle peak, the driver will be close to unloading when I play it within the 30hz range.
AMI CUSTOMS Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Box is fine - I thought maybe purple was just drunk posting. Can't measure impedance with a DMM was my concern. AMI - I have to say I cannot agree with your statement. If he actually has 3500 watts, he could rip that SP4 to shreds even with a tuning of 34-35 Hz if he is playing much below that, or if his tuning is a little higher than he thinks it is. Better have a subsonic filter set correctly with that much power. Having first hand experience with an SP4 and a 3500 watt crescendo, I will honestly say you are wrong, we could play down to 17 hz full fucking tilt and not hurt that sub TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
loudNlow87 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 I really don't think it will harm anything with that sub/box/power. Under port tuning it just begins to lack any kind of authority. Kind of like holding the woofer in your hands while you play it.. '11 Jeep Patriot New Build Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD Front: Massive CK69 Components Front Amp: Massive NX2 Rears: Infinity Kappa's Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's Sub Amp: AB 450.1 XS D3100 Come on 150!
bkolfo4 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Give me that box, a SP4, and 3500 watts. I'll kill it in less than 30 minutes. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
AMI CUSTOMS Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Give me that box, a SP4, and 3500 watts. I'll kill it in less than 30 minutes. LOLZ GIVE me your ....... TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
kirill007 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Box is fine - I thought maybe purple was just drunk posting. Can't measure impedance with a DMM was my concern. AMI - I have to say I cannot agree with your statement. If he actually has 3500 watts, he could rip that SP4 to shreds even with a tuning of 34-35 Hz if he is playing much below that, or if his tuning is a little higher than he thinks it is. Better have a subsonic filter set correctly with that much power. Having first hand experience with an SP4 and a 3500 watt crescendo, I will honestly say you are wrong, we could play down to 17 hz full fucking tilt and not hurt that sub 3500W or attaching a 3500w amp to a sub is a completely different thing. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Shigshwa Posted September 8, 2013 Author Report Posted September 8, 2013 Box is fine - I thought maybe purple was just drunk posting. Can't measure impedance with a DMM was my concern. AMI - I have to say I cannot agree with your statement. If he actually has 3500 watts, he could rip that SP4 to shreds even with a tuning of 34-35 Hz if he is playing much below that, or if his tuning is a little higher than he thinks it is. Better have a subsonic filter set correctly with that much power. Having first hand experience with an SP4 and a 3500 watt crescendo, I will honestly say you are wrong, we could play down to 17 hz full fucking tilt and not hurt that sub Same, play it forever and no damage
AMI CUSTOMS Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Box is fine - I thought maybe purple was just drunk posting. Can't measure impedance with a DMM was my concern. AMI - I have to say I cannot agree with your statement. If he actually has 3500 watts, he could rip that SP4 to shreds even with a tuning of 34-35 Hz if he is playing much below that, or if his tuning is a little higher than he thinks it is. Better have a subsonic filter set correctly with that much power. Having first hand experience with an SP4 and a 3500 watt crescendo, I will honestly say you are wrong, we could play down to 17 hz full fucking tilt and not hurt that sub 3500W or attaching a 3500w amp to a sub is a completely different thing. Really? I had no idea....smh TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.