XS Power

I was curious if anyone is running a 14 volt for their main power supply. I guess my main concern is, does it give you issues with your fuel pump? I dont see any issues with any other electrical, but i have a feeling the fuel pump may cycle to much, Any input would be appreciated.

truthsayer

your battery should all ready charge to 14+ volts?

14 volt systems charge at 16 volts

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

i actually kind of have the same question i ordered a new battery for the car and it is xs d1400 will i need a module because im running this battery as a main

Ok, so looks like all i realy need is the speed controller and a AVBM. And yes i know a 12 volt charges at 14, actualy mine charges at 14.4 volts. But i want to run a 14 volt batt, wich will charge at 16.4 volts. This will eliminate the need for all the extra batts, cables, etc. since i have a single cab pickup and run only 2 amps. 1-400 watt rms and 1-1200 watt rms. The main 14 volt batt, putting out around 16 volts should be sufficent enough to run the 2 amps.

truthsayer

What amps? Some will protect at 16v+. Might want to call the manufacturer and double check.

Just to test: You can turn up your voltage or 16.4 and see if any dash lights come on / amps protect / anything unusual happens. Don't do this for more than about 15-20 seconds though. If you have a crappy battery, throw it in to test with since that sort of voltage isn't too kind to a 12v battery.

Amps are pioneer GM-D series. Yes they are safe at 16 volts. But i would never try and charge a 12 volt batt at 16 volts. That is why i want to run as my main a 14 volt batt. Current batt is still good, but after pounding out continuous bass for vey long batt will drop to 13.9. and then you start getn lights dimm, harder to start, etc. so i think a 14 volt batt will solve all my issues.

truthsayer