SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

-WTH is "Box Rise"

Do tell

-CCA wire is NOT OK

rockwoot.gif.pagespeed.ce.jJBeupyFWn.gif

Im doing over a 56 and all the runs from my front batt to back batts are cca.....

You may very well be. But could you do the same on fewer runs of OFC? And what would the cost difference between the two be (including fuses/holders/terminals)?

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Oh my god. We have already proven in MANY instances, CCA is cheaper. My setup included. And to score the exact same at the exact same frequency but cost almost $500 less...yes. I find it funny all the people who talk about going from CCA for OFC have never gone from OFC to CCA...

Edited by TeamHT
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

the whole cca/ofc debate will go on forever.

The OFC guys will say all the terminals and fuses and holders negate the price

the CCA guys could argue, just use toolmaker terminals and buss bars and that would negate that argument.

Per amp, cca is cheaper at least knu brand is. So the more runs you do the more you would save.

OFC saves lets you run less runs.

In the end, all that really matters is you make sure you cover your amperage needs, and of course as we have seen from the OP, it is usually much less than what we think.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Oh my god. We have already proven in MANY instances, CCA is cheaper. My setup included. And to score the exact same at the exact same frequency but cost almost $600 less...yes. I find it funny all the people who talk about going from CCA for OFC have never gone from OFC to CCA...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/page-100#entry2461444

I was hoping you'd pull that answer...you respond to my post comparing 50' to 50'...and then make an example of 20' costs...care to see how that doesn't work? Especially when I had almost 300' of wire. Please use the same math and factor 300' CCA to OFC ;)

Edited by TeamHT
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

I'm actually comparing 30ft to 20ft. (3) 10 ft runs of CCA to (2) 10ft runs of OFC :)

Not to mention you'd rather 2-3 runs of OFC to 4-5 runs of CCA...so I'm looking at 600-900 amps vs 1,000-1250 amps...still see how your comparisons aren't analogous? In fact...they're quite biased to prove your point. Skewed data equals skewed result

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

My comparison was around similar conductivity

3 runs of CCA is about equal to 2 runs of OFC as far as conductivity and voltage drop is concerned. That's why I chose those numbers. My argument has never been that CCA is better than OFC. It's been around people that choose CCA because the raw wire is cheaper per foot. But as far as cost/performance goes they actually end up being quite similar. So why not get plain OFC?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1