I'm actually comparing 30ft to 20ft. (3) 10 ft runs of CCA to (2) 10ft runs of OFC :)

I know what you're comparing. That's my point, that's why I ignored that math. I said 50' to 50' and you responded but used an equation that obviously put your desired result in the winning category.

I wired for a max of 3,000 amps. Want to do the math on that which is cheaper? Better yet...have you tested both? Because I have. And for the exact same score at the exact same frequency but a whole lot less, I'll never listen to your arguments in this. I don't are if wire to wire the OFC is better, and I don't think anyone has once stated it wasn't. But if you're doing multiple runs using spool after spool, you look at the cost. I have switched...have you? No. So...is the only reason you believe this because that is what science on paper says?

Side note: I do agree when it is said OFC vs CCA will go on forever. I was a die hard OFC guy...and when I actually used CCA, I couldn't believe it. My experience and my opinion. But I guess people setting records using CCA are just accidentally hitting these numbers :shrug:

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Knowledge destroys Fear

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Why would I compare 50ft to 50ft? Of course CCA will be cheaper. But it will be less conductive too.

Anyways.... My goal wasn't to clutter up Tony's thread. I think we can agree to disagree and not blow up the thread :drinks:

Edited by SnowDrifter
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I always figured OFC for the big boys, and CCA for everyone else (meaning CCA for me lol). I know that copper is a better conductor, but as long as my wire is capable of carrying more amps than my system can provide/consume, and I am not running extremely long runs (long enough to make the difference in voltage drop a big deal) then I think that CCA is fine for my application.

But.. I am talking about a single run. If I was looking at X runs of CCA or X minus 4 runs of OFC, maybe the cost or even weight/size/convenience might sway things the other way.

I have been an electrician for 16 years in the military, I feel somewhat comfortable with my reasoning for choosing CCA. However, 16 years has been just long enough that I have learned I don't know every f'ing thing (around the 6 year mark, I was pretty sure that I did lol..), and that most people with engineering degrees are a good bit sharper than me with the technical details, and reasoning on things like this.

I will be tuned in to this for sure.

edit: I agree with SnowDrifter maybe we should take the debate elsewhere, or just wait and see the OPs reasons

Edited by ncochran

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

I don't think it's cluttering the thread. He made the post stating the fact, which I have yet to see anyone actually argue. But if you wire to the draw, I will bet there won't be a difference besides price. So then better is subjective...what's better to who? Better for less runs? Better price wise? Better conductor? There are a lot of factors that may affect how someone describes better, especially when it comes to wire. But I'll take the same performance at half the cost

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

my wallet dictates cca is better, especially when it's on sale for $1 a foot.

• Like (+1 Rep) 5

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

-CCA wire is NOT OK

curious about this one.

Annnnnd that's where I exit out of this thread to never look back.

Okay, so..... see ya!

:popcorn:

popcorn2.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZE_0vKi6aV.gif

:popcorn2: :popcorn2:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build