Second Skin Audio

sub size question

gibblegeibel

I'm sure there is. But with the example I gave, if the 18 cannot play as tight as the 10 then my point is not completely invalid.

I never said I was right, or knew it all. You guys may be right, but I think id need to see it to truly believe

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I have 2x sa8 in 1.2net at 32-33hz

And play down to mid 20's no problem

1 thing I see no one asking is space

How much do you have?

You have 1200rms@1

Can you fit 2x 12 or a single 15

Maybe 2x 15

Do you require space left in trunk?

Do you plane to upgrade amp latter?

So your telling me Kranny that 10s and 8s aren't made for tighter or punchier responses? Cause I swear that's what they say when I've read them on the MANUFACTURERS site. And I don't mean skars site I mean on others I have seen this

you are mis-informed... they might have a higher Fs... The BOX makes it tighter and punchier, not the subwoofer....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I'm sure there is. But with the example I gave, if the 18 cannot play as tight as the 10 then my point is not completely invalid.

I never said I was right, or knew it all. You guys may be right, but I think id need to see it to truly believe

Kick back and learn abit

Maybe read some more,

And the word maybe looking for is cone control

So your saying an 10 and 18 from the same company. Same type, both in companys recommended box specs. Will play the exact same response wise on a real complex bass line?

actually close to, but cabin geometry, and about 1000 other factors might change that, but the SUB itself, can play almost identically to the bigger size and vise versa.

here you go, 150+ db at 28hz...... and they are all sundown 8's....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ChevyBoy, I believe I added in one of my posts the box makes a difference. I realize this. I am talking about the difference in the sub solely

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I sent you a pm iceman so that this doesn't need to clutter this man's thread.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Ok, thanks. I was just fixing to say that we had thread jacked enough. Sorry about that.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

Archived