Sonic Electronix

getting metered for first time, anything to know?

Myself,

I have tones selective. The Tl is fast. But, me, I do selective tones and not a running sweep.

I also have a file of 0db tones that roll up. Play a tone, and it auto volumes from min to max.

Again, I run tones at 0db, and my music overlapped at -7.5, so, my clean volume on the HU is different between the two.

Just go get your first run under your belt, ask questions. Above all, have fun, and learn.

I'm uber new at all this also. I was lucky to have a knowledgable dude with me.

so i went up to the place to get metered and after waiting an hour ( he was short staffed), he comes out and tells me the TL server is down so he cant do it that day. said to call back on monday to see whats going on.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Don't think anybody here mentioned it, but to find your peak frequency without straining everything you can play the different frequencies at a lower volume (all of them at the same volume though) and see which ones loudest. Then turn it all the way up to where you have your deck and gains set and go from there. That way you don't drain your batteries or heat your amp up/etc.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Grats chance! I'm hoping Monday I'll be able to my numbers. Having people already metered listen to it, there thinking I'm a high 40's to low 50's. but TL will tell all

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Don't think anybody here mentioned it, but to find your peak frequency without straining everything you can play the different frequencies at a lower volume (all of them at the same volume though) and see which ones loudest. Then turn it all the way up to where you have your deck and gains set and go from there. That way you don't drain your batteries or heat your amp up/etc.

I would advise not doing this. I peak differently at higher volumes.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

tl server?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

tl server?

said he has to hook up to the server to authentic the software since he hasnt had the machine on in awhile.

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

well the guys Termlab is down still but i found somebody else that has a metere. its not a termlab but was just calibrated a few days ago so i imagine it cant be off too much.. posted a 145.3 on music, and a 142.6 sealed on music. im embrassed about the sine wave numbers so we wont go there lol

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

well the guys Termlab is down still but i found somebody else that has a metere. its not a termlab but was just calibrated a few days ago so i imagine it cant be off too much.. posted a 145.3 on music, and a 142.6 sealed on music. im embrassed about the sine wave numbers so we wont go there lol

Based on what you told me just now I highly doubt the meter you used was anything like a termlab. What did it look like?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw