john253a Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 Maybe look at the e8 from sundown It's a dam good sub at the price and depending on you budget Also look at sq q1-1200 there amos are very good quality at a low price For the price of 2 sa8 on a t1000 you'll do 4x e8 on a q1-2200 (you'll only need a q1-1200 for daily) 650 will do q1-1200 and 4x e8 Another small sub to look at is the x8 or even the x6.5 Forgot to mention http://www.soundqubed.com/NEW-Street-Duty-SDC20-8-D4-Subwoofer_p_69.html Were on sale at $30 a piece
2010gmc Posted October 2, 2013 Author Report Posted October 2, 2013 Have you ever heard the e8's? I've seen a video but couldn't really tell if they were good or not, look up on YouTube there's a video with 4 of them in a 2008 silverado which is basically identical to my truck
john253a Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 ive got the sa8 v1 v1.5 and 2 the e8 is basses on the v1.5 ive got my 1.5 on 200 a piece in 0.6net @ 33hz in the misses car (only have 2 of them) and there extremely good for what they are, most think i have 12 (well most with off the shelf boxes)
2010gmc Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 Yeah I mean I'm just trying to go with something that hits hard, and I can't find anybody with a truck like mine who can tell me what they've done because this will be my third setup and I don't want to spend a grand on it or more and it not sound good because 1000 dollars is kind of a lot to me since I'm in high school, plus I'm tired of changing my setup and not getting a good sound
2010gmc Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 I know the sa-8's can do some damage so I think I'm going to try to do them because they seem like my best bet
Tecomah Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 I know the sa-8's can do some damage so I think I'm going to try to do them because they seem like my best bet they are awesome subs. I'm in high school as well so I understand not having money 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
john253a Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 we al feel the pinch, and then justfiying it to wife is even harder 650 for 4 e8 on a q1-1200 is a very good setup, and will outperform 2 sa8 on same power if you have a bit more then 1k to blow the 4 sa8 on a q1-2200 for 11xx is even better, but youll need ho alt on upgrade batt (for the sa8 idd want closer to 3-4k of power) are you thinking 2 3 or 4 subs
2010gmc Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 I was probably going to do 2, the most space I have to work with is like 2.5 cubic feet or so, maybe a little more, so I don't think 4 subs would have enough air space, I think 2 subs on 1.25 or so a piece would be pretty good right?
CleanSierra Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 The 8s only need .5-.75 cubes each. The port will take up side displacement, as well as the sub itself. You need a good design through. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
2010gmc Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 But wouldn't they get louder or sound better in like a cubic foot or more
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.