Disappointment, or Nothing to Worry About (Hairpin Pics Inside)

Irrelevant? Lol, your whole opinion is irrelevant here

How is that you still have not maid a point. The issue that the OP is having is should he keep his alt and will the damage on the alt going to effect the alt.

So what did I miss by giving my opinion?

I just stated that they take long to ship a product and if it the item is so perfect then after waiting so long it should not look like it does.

I wouldn't except this item looking the way it does nowing how much I paid for it and how long I waited.

Whats wrong with that?

let me guess your on DC's tit? Or do you need time to read over?

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

I guess being on DC's tit is better then their nuts..

Again, knowing how these cases are diecasted, and it is a flaw in the company producing the cases which is not seen until it is milled. If you finish mill any other high output alt manufacturers case llike this you will also have the same issue.. Even if you mill out your stock alternator the same issue.. Just because its not seen does not mean its not there. It happens in ANY metal that is casted (aluminum, iron, steel) it does not matter.

The only way you will get away from this issue is to toss out ever casting with the defect, and that defect rate will be very very high, to the point you get 1 good casting out of every 10 you buy IF your lucky. Or for the company that is manufacturing the products takes a xray of every case made which would add a lot of man hours and money to producing said product.

Being as it is not a piece that is under loads of stress it is not needed to take such high measures in quality control from the factories standpoint (by factory I mean company making the cases, not dc power). The minor blemishes from finish machining will not effect performance one bit..

Now I think DC Power should fill the holes on the cases with epoxy, however if they are not being painted and left raw metal the patch would still be visible and people will still bitch.

Their other option would be to make the rear half of the cases fully out of billet aluminum, but again this will be more machining time, less orders filled per day, and would involve more employees

Heres the most common defects from diecasting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casting_defect

Good lord the butthurt. I'd say close thread since OP got answer.

But since we're giving opinions... i'll toss mine in the shitstain as well.

As it's been said, a million times, DC is "under manned" and all. Why? AUDIO IS NOT THEIR CONCERN. They build for the military. Know how many effin vehicles the military has? Give you a clue, the damn leader of the Army told Congress "DO NOT FUND ANYMORE TANKS. WE HAVE ENOUGH. FUND THE REBUILD/RESTORATION OF TANKS". I can get the source of that if you want me to. Now what does DC do as far as military is concerned? Like do they do things for tanks? choppers? ect? I don't have a clue. I'll leave that to those who do know. But military is their #1 concern. We, as an audio community, get to reap the rewards by getting better than stock alts. So just imagine, if military is their #1 concern and the military has enough vehicles that they literally told congress to stop fucking funding for new vehicles, how busy do you think DC is?

Do we have to wait? well, WE ARE NOT THEIR CONCERN, so yes. Do they make an alt for every application? No (AHEM AHEM. I'M WAITING KYLE!!! lol). Why is that? Because of how many damn applications there are for civilian AND military.

People already complain about DC pricing. But, as with life, you get what you pay for. So all these blemishes, cracks, ect that come... want DC to get rid of them? I am sure they would have no problem doing that. But guess what? Your price goes up. No longer will it be $500. Might be $800. And also, you'll have to wait longer.

Now, you don't like it? there are other companies. Hell, I just recently found one local. Can wipe DC off the map, as far as pricing goes, and locals swear by the shop. I tell em to GFY because you get what you pay for. I'll stick with a reputable company that has tons of customers and has very few complaints. Not a local shop that even most locals don't know about.

And if you think I'm on their tit or nuts, think again. What alt am I running? Stock. I've never had/owned/installed/ran ANY h/o alt. So bring on me being on anyone's anything. I'm just speaking from what I've learned.

Sheena = pedobear

Not taking sides because the original issue/question has been addressed, but I'm around the boards umm... a LOT and this is the first time I have ever heard of or seen this issue. If I, being pretty well versed and informed, didn't know about these blemishes or flaws in the casting, then perhaps DC should make sure to inform people of these things beforehand. Either on the site or during direct communication. Just a little caveat somewhere so people don't make posts like these.

People are picky as shit. And at DC's prices... they kinda have a right to be. But if they were informed of this prior to receipt of the alt, then maybe they can request it not be machined? Or have it filled and powedercoated? Or at the very least... be prepared for small imperfections.

Me?... Does the sum'bish do rated? Yes? Is it going to fall apart? No?

Let it eat. IDGAF what it looks like. Have you seen my CRX? Lol.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Not taking sides because the original issue/question has been addressed, but I'm around the boards umm... a LOT and this is the first time I have ever heard of or seen this issue. If I, being pretty well versed and informed, didn't know about these blemishes or flaws in the casting, then perhaps DC should make sure to inform people of these things beforehand. Either on the site or during direct communication. Just a little caveat somewhere so people don't make posts like these.

People are picky as shit. And at DC's prices... they kinda have a right to be. But if they were informed of this prior to receipt of the alt, then maybe they can request it not be machined? Or have it filled and powedercoated? Or at the very least... be prepared for small imperfections.

Me?... Does the sum'bish do rated? Yes? Is it going to fall apart? No?

Let it eat. IDGAF what it looks like. Have you seen my CRX? Lol.

The issue is like Audiofanatics said it to be. I said some are worse than others and rear frames MUST be milled or they WILL NOT fit in the vehicles we intend them to fit in. If anyone were to come down to the shop they would understand why some are worse than others. Reason being is that how much material is taken off the frames and depending on when the pockets form in the frame, it might end up as scrap in a bin in little shavings. I am closing this thread as I already handled this situation and told OP if he wasn't happy I would gladly sort through the pile of the hundreds we have in our warehouse until I find a good one for him. We don't need to put a warning on our paperwork or on our site for this issue because I have had ONE person complain and only a couple as a question about it and then be absolutely fine about it. However I will tell QC to look through the frames after they are milled and take out the worst of the worst "voids" and that should help make people happy. Any questions or concerns can be directed to my PM box.

Archived