Second Skin Audio

New dd subs

Dd9515 king

What were you playing when it self destructed? And what's your box specs?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Yo gotti upset and around 5.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 37hz

Box seems big. Our 15's aren't in much more space per sub than your 12's.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I was also thinking that you were probably really testing the limits of the softparts and that would explain why the zv4s are working better

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I honestly think the 9915 18 n 21 are fine but I think the 4 inch coil is to much fir a 12 I also think when running more then rated a upgraded cone might be a good idea. .I've ran several other pairs of dd subs this was the first timei had any trouble out of them

I would agree with you, but 2 things are stopping me with that.

AQ or SQ whatever is doing a 4inch coil 12 on the same spiders, but the biggest reason I dont agree is due to the spiders being 100% fine in the pic.

Id really like to see the glue joint once the woofers are pulled out, can guarantee theres no glue around the bottom side of the cone, and you have a piece of nylon rope around the top of the cone coated lightly in glue as a collar, just asking for a failure like your having.

Yo gotti upset and around 5.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 37hz

Box seems big. Our 15's aren't in much more space per sub than your 12's.
I had them in my old attrend 35 and 95 box first but after displacement there wasn't enough space to get any response out of them

Those boxes suck anyway. Lol. I think you're a little over on airspace IMO but that's just my opinion.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Better say, before the fanboys jump in...

Nothing against made in china products in any way.

However this is one of the major flaws in this economy and why we dont have the industry we once had.

Over in china you have Russel from Shok posting videos of his buildhouse where a guy is walking around bare foot..... We cant compete with that..

Lastly, like I said Im fine with some china products if things are built legit, and kept to a HIGH quality control. All these glue joints coming undone on the new sundown surrounds should not be happening either.

But at the end of the day sundown does not hide the fact that they are made in china. I think I replied in this thread of that same type of glue being used on some of the cheaper line DD surrounds as well and i just pulled them right off and didnt even need to clean the basket (tho i did so it wouldnt fail again).

DD will deny it all day long, even if your standing in front of their order that just came off the boat with mainland of china all over the paper work.

do your woofers share the same airspace? if one was messed up it can easily cuase the failure of the other one. it has happened to me, it has happened to slammin beats.

i am definetly saying this should not have happened, but people have been putting 5k plus to these woofers all day with no issued. its not the fact your cone wasnt strong. i think the accident and playing it full tilt with a bad sub can cause harm. what frequency is the song you were playing? also 5.5 net is fairly large sinc ethe 9900s seem to like 4th orders and such i think smaller ported boxes will work well with them.

i think we just have a bad fit for the install here or a couple other factors. everyone else i know with 9900s is loving them and they will give them hell on 5k + all day. for 12s though, idk if id run them. they are good and will take power, but 4 inch coil with such a small spider in comparison is keeping me away. maybe its just new way of thinking. but apparently DD says it doesnt matter, it still plays it all. I have yet to hear them so i wont make any final comments until i get a chance to play with them.

overall i dont think it broke due to it being a bad woofer. they have been proven to be great so far.

chris grant and i have talked, he is the guy running an m4a to each 9900. he says they will take the power all day and even after they get slightly stinky after tons of demos (full songs full tilt), turn them off for a few minutes and they are ready to go again.

the subs do work for people, just may not work for yours.

id be curious for a drop in test zv4 spl vs dd9900. peyton get it goin

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Now you expect people with a bias to take these things into account?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived