components suggestions?

DylanBunch

yeah its cool haha and you make a good point but idk..... i just dont wanna keep sticking with big mainstream brands like rockford, kicker, or alpine, kenwood ya know? Try something new lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I had a terrible experience with my kicker components.

There was an extreme amount of excess glue on the cone towards one side. Guess what side tore up.

sorry to hear what model of kicker were they i did't have any problems with my ks series or my qs.

DS 65.2

sorry to hear they didn't work out. Were they out of warranty ? either way a crappy situation

yeah its cool haha and you make a good point but idk..... i just dont wanna keep sticking with big mainstream brands like rockford, kicker, or alpine, kenwood ya know? Try something new lol

its always cool to try new stuff for sure i was actually going to try tantric audio's components

http://www.tantricsounds.com/tantric-component-speakers.htm

^^^Yeah....how many Focal Utopia builds have you seen?!?!? Ugh, the OP is not going to run Kicker so we might as well quit talking about it.

lol trust me its a dream of mine to play and listen to a set of utopia's.... but they are to expensive for any local focal shop to show case haha i told them how do you expect to sell 10 000$ setup with out you or the buyer listening to them

I judge the brand based off of my experience with them, wasn't even 5 days after the warranty went out on them that it broke, and they wouldn't honor my business to even look at it.

But enough of this, Dylan have you looked into the McIntosh 6.5's

They have a 3" mounting depth. Only 60w RMS, and SQ oriented.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9358-mss630-mcintosh-65-2-way-sound-quality-component-system.aspx

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

here ill be more specific, im looking to spend 800-1000 total, preferably 800 lol i want either 2 sets of components to handle 250x4 or 4 sets to handle 175.4. A sq brand would be awesome but it doesnt have to be and like i said before im trying to steer away from big companies, especially rockford, to try new things. Anything you guys suggest will and has been taken into account and looked into. Thanks

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

for 1000 get those Zv4s bud. ;]

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz