Back from the dead...with Pioneer Stage 4

After 10 long months with no thump, I couldn't take it anymore and started shopping around again. I came across some dirt cheap Cadence gear, decided to throw caution to the wind, and bought it. Typically I'm a firm believer in "price talks", but I'm up for experimenting. I haven't really heard or seen much about Cadence, but most of what I found said they're good. Hopefully my gear doesn't fry. My only goal here is just to get some decent pounding back in my car. All of the gear is ordered as of 3:30 AM this morning, looking forward to nap time today. Hopefully everything will arrive by Friday. I'm building on Saturday and I'm cautiously optimistic for the results.

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm satisfied the Mach 460 system for mids/highs. It kinda sucks with the stock head unit because the mid bass makes everything muddy. When I installed my head unit though, I was able to kill the mid bass a bit and crank up the highs to bring the staging up some. The Pioneer really woke up the factory amps too. It gets damn loud for a factory system with the speakers crossed over at 63 hz. It should keep up fine with any sub system I'll ever have in the car.

Gear and $$$ invested:
Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit: had this already.
Cadence FXA1600.2 800W amp &
Cadence "4AWG" amp kit (lol, yeah right): $91.95
Cadence S2W10 2 Ohm woofer: $96.95
Cadence 3 ft. RCA's: $4.95
LC-1 bass knob: $9.99
Total: $203.84 (basically the price of a 5000W Xplod amp)

The box:
2 cubes tuned to 32 hz
11"x35"x14"
Under Mach 460 enclosure and amp rack firing toward trunk, or maybe seats.

photo6eb.jpg

photo7uo.jpg

photo3dv.jpg

fbk8.png

mxy8.png

9qc0.png

e7md.png

If anyone has any suggestions for the box, please share now before I build and it's too late! This is the best I came up with. Has anyone had any positive/negative experiences with Cadence products?

ALSO, for the life of me I cannot figure out how I want to finish my box. Right now I'm considering Line X, Sasquatch fur like that guy on YouTube, or rolling it with some high gloss black paint. Definitely open to suggestions here.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

That's a clean ass 'stang... I'd sat satin black. Or fuck it and do black fur, with white port...

Lol I like the Panda fur box idea. Thanks, I like it! :rockwoot:

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I'm sure there are a few Mustang owners here that will chime it. Give it some time and see what they have to say to help you out.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

I'm sure there are a few Mustang owners here that will chime it. Give it some time and see what they have to say to help you out.

Yep, I hope so...sometimes it's nice to learn from other's experiences instead of your own haha.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Vinyl wrap the box smooth flat black like the trunk accent panel and paint the port high gloss maroon to match the car.

Nice under stated Mustang BTW. Springs, wheels, chin spoiler, no rear wing, dual exhaust, flat black accent panel, etc. Classy and muscle car cool for a v6, well done.

Static drops are my bag.

Haha looks are deceiving. It has the 4.6 V8, full bolt ons, 4.10's and under drive pullies. But thanks for the compliment non the less. I did the suspension last Spring. It has Tokico adjustable shocks and struts and Eibach lowering springs.

The box size is based on what I could get from playing with numbers on WinISD. What size would you recommend?

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Haha looks are deceiving. It has the 4.6 V8, full bolt ons, 4.10's and under drive pullies. But thanks for the compliment non the less. I did the suspension last Spring. It has Tokico adjustable shocks and struts and Eibach lowering springs.

The box size is based on what I could get from playing with numbers on WinISD. What size would you recommend?

Nice. Just going off the v6 stripes on the sides and the fender emblems. Can't tell you how many GT rear bumper and dual exhaust conversions we've done.

Sounds like a fun car.

Static drops are my bag.

Nice man, you work in a car shop then? The paint, striping, and emblems are all part of the 40th anniversary package for this car. The previous owner of the car did the paint work on the brake calipers (love the suddle details) and trunk lid. That's also why the Ford and GT emblems are missing. I'm a fan of the 281 High Performance badge.

I have nothing against the V6 version of my car as long as it's built right though.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Archived