Sonic Electronix

I have a second battery in the back of my car and I know that you should have a fuse within 12"-18" of battery and in my case that's to short for what I have planned. so my question is what's the absolute farthest distance I can have a fuse from a battery? if my measurements were correct then im going to need between 26"-30" of wire before into a fuse. any help is appreciated.

AQ - SQ For Life

i think the 12"-18" is just so ppl don't think they can just put it anywhere but i suggest before the firewall for sure

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

There is no universal limit.

The reason it is suggested to be within 18 inches is because if you fuse too far away from the battery and a short were to occur before the fuse, there would be no protection.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Fuse it close. The further away from the battery means the more damage can be done if it shorts.. It's pretty simple logic.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Archived