Guest Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 So if I go with a 15" what are my options? Aren't most 15's designed for 3.5-5 cubes? team Fi. SP4. hdc4. uhhhh. zv4? beefy 3" coil woofer or 4" coil. crossfire xs v2
Miguels Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 the mayhem can be in a 3 cuft box my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
ToNasty Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 So if I go with a 15" what are my options? Aren't most 15's designed for 3.5-5 cubes? team Fi. SP4. hdc4. uhhhh. zv4? beefy 3" coil woofer or 4" coil. crossfire xs v2 x and zv4 15s need 4.5-5 cubes. Yes i asled sean of emf audio ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Guest Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 So if I go with a 15" what are my options? Aren't most 15's designed for 3.5-5 cubes? team Fi. SP4. hdc4. uhhhh. zv4? beefy 3" coil woofer or 4" coil. crossfire xs v2 x and zv4 15s need 4.5-5 cubes. Yes i asled sean of emf audio oh...nevermind then haha. i tried.
blakgtp Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 So... to recap the options I've filtered through are: tantric hdd 12 hdc4 12 re xxx 12 aa mayhem 12 dc xl 15 sundown zv3 15 fi sp4 15? (have a feeling 3 cubes isn't enough for this sub) psi level 3 12 orion hcca 15 max dimensions for the enclosure is either 26w 12h 31d or 41w 17h 12d
slowfkncar Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 The zv.3 will be loud with that much power,however,if you are planning on bumping that shit hard for the whole drive home,go with a 4" coil sub. I'm not saying it won't last,but I am saying my 15zv.3 off a saz3000 in 3ft^ will get smelly within the first 15-20 minuits of unclipped full tilt power. Sundown has very good cooling techniques with a high thermal handling coil,but how far can you take it before you have to dish more money for a re-cone kit,at that point,it isn't really a daily setup. The tantric HDD,FI SP4,RE XXX all get my vote,but I would opt for an AA SMD 15" it fits your minimum enclosure volume,it will take 3500rms all day,it is a monster on the low frequencys
blakgtp Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 The zv.3 will be loud with that much power,however,if you are planning on bumping that shit hard for the whole drive home,go with a 4" coil sub. I'm not saying it won't last,but I am saying my 15zv.3 off a saz3000 in 3ft^ will get smelly within the first 15-20 minuits of unclipped full tilt power. Sundown has very good cooling techniques with a high thermal handling coil,but how far can you take it before you have to dish more money for a re-cone kit,at that point,it isn't really a daily setup. The tantric HDD,FI SP4,RE XXX all get my vote,but I would opt for an AA SMD 15" it fits your minimum enclosure volume,it will take 3500rms all day,it is a monster on the low frequencys thanks for your reply and sharing your personal experience. Do you think the fi sp4 will work well in 3.0 cubes? I had always thought that sub would like at least 4 cubes. and how much does that smd go for? (can't see it on the ssa website)
blakgtp Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 I'm also open to suggestions for 2 beefy 10's thoughts on a pair of incriminator audio lethal injections? I can't find the specs on these subs anywhere
Keith77 Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 The only way you will find a SMD is if someone is selling one they don't make them right now. 10's there are a bunch out there in the 1500w range. Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
blakgtp Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 The only way you will find a SMD is if someone is selling one they don't make them right now. 10's there are a bunch out there in the 1500w range. Still trying to keep the $500 budget. That probably narrows my options a bit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.