Need some help. Alarm/Remote Start

I've never done an alarm and this looks a little overwhelming. Do I just tap into everything under the dash?

I also have a factory alarm and I think I need an immobilizer bypass.

I have this info here.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/61-b5-information-base/306970-diy-b5-passat-alarm-stereo-remote-start-wiring-connections.html

It's a python 533

zbe7.jpg

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Tackling an alarm/ rem start with no experience or guidance is a gamble and challenge.

Did your alarm come with access to any installer Tech site for tech support?

Wires to tap into depends on your vehicle, and where you can access the wires. If you want to get more advanced you locate the alarm in a secret spot and tap into the wires in more challenging locations as to foil and would be thief.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Tackling an alarm/ rem start with no experience or guidance is a gamble and challenge.

Did your alarm come with access to any installer Tech site for tech support?

Wires to tap into depends on your vehicle, and where you can access the wires. If you want to get more advanced you locate the alarm in a secret spot and tap into the wires in more challenging locations as to foil and would be thief.

I'm not sure on the tech support. I'll have to check. As for the location, I think I have a good spot in mind. (Probably best not to say in public forum)

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Whats the year, make and model of your vehicle? Certain vehicles are alot easier than others.

It's an 2000 Passat 1.8t.

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Whats the year, make and model of your vehicle? Certain vehicles are alot easier than others.

I think you should have asked before you purchased a DEI,python.directed,viper junk sorry,just my thoughts. They don't like to give up tech support unless you are a installer but don't care if you purchase it. I did my first install on my cadillac about 1 year ago and its still going strong. I ran a few wires then tapped in to the data bus 2 wire and that controlled everything.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

You will more than likely need an immobilizer interface such as DB-ALL, FLCAN or Omega. The most important thing about installing a remote start is READ THE MANUAL, understand it fully & Test every wire before splicing into it (with DMM of course) & Placement of the brain & wires. Tape, loom, braid with drill, whichever you prefer. Just make sure they will not get in the way of moving parts. Most DEI remote starts come configured in manual trans mode. So make sure you program it for the correct drive train. (in your install manual there's a programming list.) also they come with a virtual tach feature. It works on most cars, but connecting to actual tach & it learning the crank gives best results.

Also after looking up your car, it does not give me an indication of you needing an immobilizer. So it appears you are in the clear.

So good luck and god speed my friend!

EDIT: Also, opinions are opinions, some derive from fact and fiction. DEI is one of THE best alarms/remote starters you can get, they usually sweep awards every year for their products, I see DEI stuff come in that are nearly a decade old and still kicking it. Now, I've seen bad ones, can count on one hand (3) in my years. So don't second guess your purchase. But just know that atm, you have NO WARRANTY through viper by buying it online with no installation from a dealer. Even if you got to, say, a best buy or cartoys and buy one, and you don't have it installed by them, still voided. Has to be installed by the DEI dealer. So that's why some guys don't like them. Which is understandable, but it's business I guess.

R.F.M.

READ THE F****** FREE MANUAL!

I think you should have asked before you purchased a DEI,python.directed,viper junk sorry,just my thoughts. They don't like to give up tech support unless you are a installer but don't care if you purchase it. I did my first install on my cadillac about 1 year ago and its still going strong. I ran a few wires then tapped in to the data bus 2 wire and that controlled everything.

Is that really needed?

There is also a reasons for that too, actually several.

To protect their dealers.

Prevent the mass online sales from distributors that violate the DEI dealer contract.

The above also has to do with product warranties and those warranties not being offered if the unit was not bought and installed through an actual dealer.

Its also to cover DEI own ass from back yard installers that dont potentially know what they are doing and seriously screw something up in their car.

They actually had law suits involving a non-certified dealer installing a remote start in a manual vehicle which drove over someone upon starting iirc.

Is that really needed?

There is also a reasons for that too, actually several.

To protect their dealers.

Prevent the mass online sales from distributors that violate the DEI dealer contract.

The above also has to do with product warranties and those warranties not being offered if the unit was not bought and installed through an actual dealer.

Its also to cover DEI own ass from back yard installers that dont potentially know what they are doing and seriously screw something up in their car.

They actually had law suits involving a non-certified dealer installing a remote start in a manual vehicle which drove over someone upon starting iirc.

Yeah, anyone who has worked at a shop will know how many times you see some go "oh I'll install it my self" or a "friend" do it. Chances are, you will see them come back later trying to return the item saying it was bad, when really they didn't know what they were doing. That just with stereos and amps, so imagine alarms! So that would be lots of time wasted just to get product RMA'd to the business, and it be in working condition. They saved them selfs money doing that so they can focus on advancing their product.

R.F.M.

READ THE F****** FREE MANUAL!

Archived