Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

xmax


Go-N-Def

Recommended Posts

Posted

What do you gain by having more xmax then the next sub. Is more xmax something to worry about.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Posted

It doesn't equal louder necessarily. All it is, is a measurement of how long the coil is in the magnetic gap. Like a sub that has an underhung coil will usually have very little Xmax.

Once the coil has traveled outside of the gap, the magnet no longer has control of the coil. Its up to your suspension at that point, to return your coil to the proper location and (hopefully) stay linear while doing it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Ok Im looking at the fi bl which I had before but the q has more xmax. I don't want get the wrong sub

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Posted

Ok Im looking at the fi bl which I had before but the q has more xmax. I don't want get the wrong sub

what is your goal exactly? because buying a subwoofer purely off of xmax is one of the dumbest things you can do.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

^^^Agree.

The Q is their sound quality driver. It's built to smash the lows and get loud doing it. The BL will be more focused on SPL. Without looking at specs, I'll bet the EBP is lower on the Q and higher on the BL. I'll bet motor force is a little higher too with the BL.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

xmax also tells you how much air the subwoofer can essentially displace by using xmax and Sd.

Can you explain how to do so?(the equation for air displacement) Sorry to thread jack OP!

Vd = Sd*Xmax

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

I just thought xmax had something do with motorforce = more powerful sub

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...