Advice on setup in my Volvo for a planned 4x100w

boom50cal

I'll keep it straight forward, because I'm lost as fuck right now when it comes to all this fancy mids/highs shit like running active and building crossovers and whatnot.

Looking at 2 sets of Crescendo CZ5.25 components. That'll set me back $250... So I figured I'd look around on Parts Express and try and piece me together a setup for the same or less... Amp is leaning towards being a Precision Power PPI-P900.4

Option 1, obviously 2 sets of CZ5.25 components. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/cz-series-5-25-2-way/

Option 2, piecing together a set... was thinking 4 of these "Celestion Neo 5 inch full ranges" http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=299-414&scqty=4

And a pair of these PRV Super Tweeters...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=294-2816&scqty=2

Mids would be wired 2 per channel on the front L+R for a two ohm load...which would be over powering them a bit...Front doors and rear deck.

Supertweeters would be wired on the rear channels, mounted on the dash in the factory tweeter location.

I am lost as hell how I would set up option 2 though. Mainly the crossovers and junk. I know how I would wire it...just getting all the little settings...confuses me.

A better/nicer recommendation on a 4 channel is welcome too. I like that PPI-P900.4 though, was also considering a T400-4.

If you guys could shed some extra light for me, or give me some better options, I'd appreciate the HELL out of it. Other equipment being used will be a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH double din, and probably 2 Fi SSD 10's on a Cadence ZRS-1/korean 2k board, Singer alt, a few agms....

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

What kind and year volvo? Have you heard super tweets before? I have not but have read that they can be harsh. Also just looked at the mids from parts express and they are only rated at 25rms, so you will over powering them a lot it seems judging off of the power rating of the PPI of 145rms at 4ohm and 225 at 2ohms. Personally I would go with the Nendo components or the Sundown components. Do you have a max price range?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I would not go with the mids you have chosen from partsX. $.02

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

go with the crescendo set. those other speakers are junk and really don't go well together. keep it simple for now. get complicated when you understand it better. nothing wrong with taking it in steps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its an 01 s40. I heard a pair of ft-1's, brutally loud but I could handle them. As far as budget goes, I'd like to stay aroind $250 for the set, $200 for the amp. Used t400-4's fall in that range. My car has 5.25's in the front doors and an odd 5 inch ish in the rear deck. went from a simple singlecab to this, because bitches love leather :)

Question please ... Why do you think you need multiple component sets ??

Would you post pics of the vehicle's dash / a-pillar / kick / door areas that you plan to work with for installation suggestions ???

EDIT: I should read better ... You are planning front and rear

My apologies ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yeah, I'm not planning on REALLY tearing into the vehicle lol. I need it to be somewhat near factory. Less aftermarket showing, less chance of theft. Choices are Fosgate Punch P152-S, CZ5.25's, and there is a Zapco set in my price range. I'll look around a little bit more.

Archived