CleanSierra Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 Be prepared to wait on your quote. Mine too like 2-3 weeks. I thought they had forgotten me. Best of luck and keep us posted on what you plan to do. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Souldrop Posted October 29, 2013 Author Report Posted October 29, 2013 I definitely will. Thanks again for your input. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
audiofanaticz Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 Id say recones, they are fairly decent 4inch coil motors if memory serves right. Id asked fixmyspeaker on the turnout of the recones and what you could potentially expect from newer parts, prices, etc, then make a decision based on his response.
Souldrop Posted October 29, 2013 Author Report Posted October 29, 2013 Yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna do. I'll look around at some of these other woofers mentioned while I'm waiting on a response and see if any would be worth the extra cash thrown at them. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
notorious97200 Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 Fixmyspeaker is usually very quick to answer. I've dealt with them in the past.Maybe you can try to recone it in a 15" sub : you would only need a new basket. Pierce Audio Products makes recone too. Did you try to contact Rockford for this sub ? For an original recone kit ? Reconing a sub is not so hard IMO. You don't need to send the sub, do it yourself, or find someone locally who know how to. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Souldrop Posted October 29, 2013 Author Report Posted October 29, 2013 I didn't think Fosgate would still carry recones for these subs, but I just called and confirmed they do not. I'll look into pierce directly. If nothing else maybe they can recone my 3 Fosgate Pro Series 18"s and 15" . I would do it myself, but I'm worried about screwing it up and having to pay more in the long run. Would I have to find a HX2 15 basket to recone it into a 15? 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
Keith77 Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 You should PM a member Purplehaze. He has been rebuilding subs lately and been doing a good job from what I have seen. Here is a build log of his Solo X http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173828-solo-x-15-v2-sub-woofer-build-log-finished-pics-parameters-p5/page-7?hl=%2Bsolo#entry2610266 Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Souldrop Posted October 29, 2013 Author Report Posted October 29, 2013 That's a pretty sexy woofer! I Pm-ed him to see if he would be willing to do the project and to get a rough quote since money does play a role in what I plan on doing. Thanks! 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.