1 Tweet Enough?

WillPwn4Food

So I'm soon going to be upgrading my front-stage. And I've been looking at mids/tweets.... I've heard nothing but good things about Beyma, so I'm thinking about trying 2 Beyma PRO5WND 5" 100w rms mid-woofers per door (4 Total) and was wondering if 1 Beyma AST09 3.5" 70w rms tweet per door is enough? Or any better suggestions? Was also thinking about 2 Crecendo PWX 6.5's per door with 1 FT1 on each door. Amplifier will likely be a CT-Sounds 125.4 or Sundown 125.4

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Personally 1 super tweeter style tweeter per pair of mids per door is just right.

You got to keep in mind that the tweeters get loud with damn near little power, and so far every time I ran 1 tweeter per 1 mid in a door the tweeter always over powered the mid and had to be tuned down a litle. With exception to the RF pro audio stuff, the 1:1 ratio sounds pretty damn good.

For the price of them beymas, and the specs, they dont look all to appealing to me (looks or spec wise) when your talking $140 per speaker and $210 a tweeter

With those 4 Beyma mids and 2 Beyma tweeters your looking at $700, and its not going to perform even anywhere close to a nice audiophile grade component set in the same price range (morel, hertz, focal, etc), but they will be louder then some high end components.... But if loudness is what your going for, that $700 can go a lot farther with other suited brands that will yield similar results.

I cant stand Crescendo, and how they shaft their customers and make them wait months and months and months for product on several occasions, but Id say that it be better money spent then the Beyma (thats if crescendo items are in stock like they always claim, only to have customers waiting 5+months for their ordered gear that was "in stock").

Your mostly paying for neo with the Beymas, so at that point Id go to Sundown NeoPros v1's or v2's (if your wanting neo that bad), or id look into the RF pro audio stuff, you will get a lot more for less then half the cost on Beyma

Id say 6.5s for sure, 8s if you can fit them.

The rfs in 6.5s (but also come in 8s, and you can get either or in 4 or 8ohm coils).

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43386_Rockford-Fosgate-PPS4-6.html

The rf tweeters

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43390_Rockford-Fosgate-PP4-T.html

For $20 more then your $700 said price tag on the Beyma you can get 8 of those RF pro 6.5speakers, and 4 of their pro tweeters.

So if your going to loudness, much better options that will be just as loud if not louder and still being somewhat clean, but way cheaper then beyma.

If your going for SQ, then Pro audio stuff in general is not the way to go, and you can get a kick ass pair of 3way components that will shit over pro audio speakers in sound quality.

But I guess Beyma is the new greatest thing this year, just like Selenium was a few years ago, and man do the RFs walk all over those!!! LOL

Well I'd like some SQ, but when I rebuild I plan (Or at least hope) to be doing around a 157+ on music. I just need something to keep up to that sub stage. Like I said, SQ isn't everything... I just at least want to hear it. I could fit 2 6.5's for sure. maybe 8's. Those RFs do look nice. I completely forgot about the Crecendo wait period. Ugh. I'm not just going after neos. Just been hearing a shit ton about beymas lately.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

If you do go for crescendo just use a dealer at least then they can tell you if they actually have what you need in stock. I use SHCA when I bought my tweets.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

1 tweeter per door should be fine. At 152db I had no trouble hearing the treble over the bass, it's the mid/midbass that gets drowned out if you don't have enough.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Is it just me or even if everything sounds clear up front even at high volume, once you go ham on the bass all the air and shit flexing just muddies up the sound anyway? Maybe i just need more power up front.

So if your going to loudness, much better options that will be just as loud if not louder and still being somewhat clean, but way cheaper then beyma.If your going for SQ, then Pro audio stuff in general is not the way to go, and you can get a kick ass pair of 3way components that will shit over pro audio speakers in sound quality.

If you want it to be very loud while still keeping most of SQ criteria, then pro audio is actually the way to go.( Horns work perfectly for a 2way system.)

But I certainly agree 700$ can be spend alot better for the goals the OP has in mind.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Horns work perfectly for a 2way system.

They are nice ... but requires tons of EQ

and having acess to a RTA meter would be a must ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived