1 Tweet Enough?

WillPwn4Food

Horns work perfectly for a 2way system.

They are nice ... but requires tons of EQ

and having acess to a RTA meter would be a must ...

Most pro audio speakers used in a car will need some EQ'ing.

With a good install and having a nice place to put it it will need very little EQ'ing.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

A nice 2 way horn setup will set you back 500+ range. With my horns, compression drivers, and 12" fullrange it came to ~560 bux. Like Randall mentioned you will need to have at least 15 band eq; 30 bands per side would be better. You will need a larger midbass 8" minimum if you aren't running multiples. I have seen people run the horns with very little eq but we are talking like 7 1/2 watts here. That won't jive with the need to keep up with a 155db wall. If you are interested I can give all the info you can handle on them and give you some tuning ideas and how to improve the sound of the horns.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

So if your going to loudness, much better options that will be just as loud if not louder and still being somewhat clean, but way cheaper then beyma.If your going for SQ, then Pro audio stuff in general is not the way to go, and you can get a kick ass pair of 3way components that will shit over pro audio speakers in sound quality.

If you want it to be very loud while still keeping most of SQ criteria, then pro audio is actually the way to go.( Horns work perfectly for a 2way system.)

But I certainly agree 700$ can be spend alot better for the goals the OP has in mind.

I will still disagree, because every vehicle I ever heard included mine sounds pretty much like ass when the sub stage is off. There is just so much missing. But then again, it took me listening to a rather clean sq vehicle such as meades is-F to notice what was being tossed out the window running PA stuff.

every vehicle I ever heard included mine sounds pretty much like ass when the sub stage is off. There is just so much missing. But then again, it took me listening to a rather clean sq vehicle such as meades is-F to notice what was being tossed out the window running PA stuff.

If I can get my dash / A-pillars, and kick pannels done the way I want before Competition season, I will not be using my sub bass drivers for Sound Quality competition ...

My dash 5.25" mid range drivers should be able to play much lower and robust, and my kick pannel midbass drivers will double as my midbass and sub bass (the plan is to bump up to 8" drivers but we plan to see what we can accomplish with the 6.5' drivers) drivers as they will be flaying absolutely full range below 500 htz ...

My kick pannels are being built as fully ported and tuned enclosures ... Somewhere in the 24 to 24 htz range and each driver will be running about 400 to 650 watts (each driver will have it's own amplifier playing mono for absolute left and right channel separation) ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

OP, let just the Beyma speakers might be the best sound quality speakers i have heard. So anyone who says different hasn't heard them. And $700 thats bs. You can always find them on sale threw amazon or ebay for far less. And get either 6.5'' or 8'' the okur pro's have a 2'' voice coil if i recall correctly. Get what you want, but if you choose Beyma you will be happy.

truthsayer

So if your going to loudness, much better options that will be just as loud if not louder and still being somewhat clean, but way cheaper then beyma.If your going for SQ, then Pro audio stuff in general is not the way to go, and you can get a kick ass pair of 3way components that will shit over pro audio speakers in sound quality.

If you want it to be very loud while still keeping most of SQ criteria, then pro audio is actually the way to go.( Horns work perfectly for a 2way system.)

But I certainly agree 700$ can be spend alot better for the goals the OP has in mind.

I will still disagree, because every vehicle I ever heard included mine sounds pretty much like ass when the sub stage is off. There is just so much missing. But then again, it took me listening to a rather clean sq vehicle such as meades is-F to notice what was being tossed out the window running PA stuff.

I never said anything about the substage being off ;)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I never said anything about the substage being off ;)

True lol, but from time to time I just kill the substage and be tweeting, but that lack in bandwidth just drove me so nuts, and many of the PA speakers that play down to even 80hz still have that lack in mid bass even if they are an 8inch driver, becuase they got something like 8-10mm xmax one way, lol

You can easily get components to keep up with 155-160db on music and have it sound better then a few pro audio speakers and tweeters, Your just going to need more components since they cant handle the same power..

Theres so many examples of that being done

It can be done, and be done for the same price as Beyma if not cheaper imo. Again your paying for the neo magnets mostly, that goes for any speaker with neo (but also dependent of the grade neo used as well).

Im surprised not more are on the PRV bandwagon yet...

Majority of Beyma stuff just looks generic to me, dont even use round baskets, reminds me of a speaker you would pull out of a old tv from 1990. Then trying to install them and make them look clean. HA

Also to the guy that laughed at the $700 price, go price them out, I did and took averages on said price, each of those tweeters where something like $210 each, and probably made in the same factory as the Crescendo, American bass, and I think Audioque and Skar had something similar too...

1 tweet would be enough with most PA setups and as far as the Beyma's go,I wouldn't spend that much on that little compared to what else you could get for the same price. Personally I would go with the RF pros,haven't used them personally but have read great things about them and they even have really good SQ for PA speakers. The crescendos are nice too but like already stated you're more than likely going to have to wait a while to get them. Good luck with whatever you get.

Those 10 inch rf pa's are insande, I couldnt stop fondling them at ces2013.

The only thing I could feel a tad nicer is a little bit larger push terminals, even trying to put 12awg wire in these terminals is challenging. LOL

10inch on the left, 8inch on the right, and 6.5 behind the 8inch

20130109_131717_zps0365038f.jpg

20130109_131708_zps59117a96.jpg

20130109_131704_zpsa2704f43.jpg

Archived