can a covert budget SQ system be built in a pickup ?

Andrew Patterson

hey guys, contemplating doing an SQ system in an extended cab Silverado that im wanting to buy. my past system history has been 157.3 in a Tahoe in a CRX box with 2 RE HC 15s right when they came out. I cracked the windshield a little, vibrated off interior lights, and had some hearing loss that came along with the loud systems. that was back in my college years, now im older and wanting to go with a more SQ focused build as I listen to a lot of XM radio instead of the sucky local stations. I would say for music its a mix of current rap/top 20, dave Mathews type, Sinatra / Ratpack era type, some Pearl Jam, Santana, and then if im relaxing at 3am coming home maybe some classical/pops , so as you can see my music is all over the place for what is listened to.

back to the question at hand, the pickup im wanting to get would be around 02-04 extended cab Silverado, since I can pop in a double din pioneer for creature comforts of GPS and XM and maybe even DVD. but I live in a not so nice area of town since I help my elderly father. assuming when my elderly father passes away in the future I will move back to my house in a different part of the city where family is taking care of the house right now, and I would also like to keep it covert since its parked in a cul de sac and you never know about those little teenage bastards breaking into cars.

I was wondering if its possible to achieve an IASCA style SQ setup , mind you I wont compete in iasca, but something that has front stage imaging, ie close your eyes and it sounds like a stage in front of you. proper frequency distribution/correction via RTA method, for say $500-1000, and what would be needed to achieve that as far as products/equipment,the last I remember it was nakamechi HU with MB quarts speakers, and Mcintosh amps, that probably dates me back a few years. the SQ arena is a new one to me. thanks.

check out Hertz, Audison, RF for a good sounding system. i also like NVX x-series line. you can get great sound in a small cab with small power, the downside is that their doors are kind of noisey. get a quality sound deadener check out Second Skin

03 s-10 owned since 35k now 150k

alpine type-s 6.5 comp

alpine type-e 10 ported fiberglass

jl 300/4 (dead)

jl500/1 (dead)

For a nice listening experience, it's going to hit your minimum before you know it. It's certainly able to be done, just gotta do some research. You might can use some older equipment, a full analog SQ system can sometimes be had cheap, just gotta find the deals.

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

Hertz Audison will eat your budget fast. Budget is low for what you are wanting. I am not the one to buy used but with you budget you may need to look at that avenue.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

For reference I'm doing a basic sq oriented build, not a true sq set up and I have $1k just in my processor and front components. That's like saying I have $750 and want to do 160's on music. Not gonna happen man

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

you can achieve your goal with that budget if we don't include the HU in the budget. Grab a used MS-8, it's a processor and amplifier. then look at parts-express.com for some speakers. you can find some great gear for a cheap price. look at dayton, tangband, and peerless. tell me what sizes you want to work with and I might be able to point you at something.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

57s on two 15"s...guess I was doing it wrong

It was probably on a old audiocontrol mic.

Lol

Why even bother replying?

On a 500dollar budget it's going to be hard. But the 1000dollar budget will get you pretty far if you aren't afraid of buying second hand.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Unsure on mike, forget the exact year but this was when RE Just came out and wasn't widely known. I know they were the HC 15 models, crx box with slot port on bottom, I think I turned it to 37 to get it to resonate at 42/43hz for the Tahoe body, either was an eclipse or Panasonic HU With the 7v signal , a JBL 1200.1 on each sub and 1/0 welding cable to distro block.

As for the install I've been doing car audio since I was 14 so install and fab I can usually do, and now with YouTube if I don't know it I can learn it . And I don't mind buying gently used stuff.

Archived