Second Skin Audio

help me choose subs

greg4510

i took out the original 430 and put in a 454 chevy bored .70 over aed 850 dbl pumper carb got eagle rods srp pistons patriot alum heads. had it on the dyno put out 585 hp at 5400rpm and 680 ft/lb torque at 3600 rpm. it smokes the 24s so easy!

Damn that 454s a monster had one in my dad's old suburban what I learned to drive in and that had to much fuckin torque. It's a beastly ass motor

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

man im really stuck on what subs to try. i have the money to buy alot of different subs but i was looking at those new soundqube hds300 15s they say 1200 rms and i know they are kinda cheap but maybe they will put out pretty good sound in like 3.5 cubes apiece tuned at like 34hz. the hdc3.0 are like a no brainer but idk if that one amp will push them good enough or not(kicker zx2500.1)

Tuned in to see what you build. I had a 73 electra 225 in 88-89. I ran both at different times Punch 12's and Orion 12's in that bigass trunk. Loved that car right up until I T-Boned another car. I had a rebuilt 455 in mine. Dropped with deep dish baby moon wheels. Yanked of the fender skirts and replaced it with chrome trim.

And I say go with 2 Fi SP4's

man im really stuck on what subs to try. i have the money to buy alot of different subs but i was looking at those new soundqube hds300 15s they say 1200 rms and i know they are kinda cheap but maybe they will put out pretty good sound in like 3.5 cubes apiece tuned at like 34hz. the hdc3.0 are like a no brainer but idk if that one amp will push them good enough or not(kicker zx2500.1)

if you go with sound qubed u should get the hdc 3 15s and would need another zx2500 or a diff amp unless you want to run your amp at 0.5 ohms or you could wire the voice coils in series then the subs in parallel to get 2 ohms

ive heard some sundown amps will do 0.5

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

Are you going with a slot port design?

That would take up more space than the dimensions u have in the ffirst post. So I'd u did a 2:1 ratio you would have to add an extra 4 cubes for the sealed section. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. If you would want to stay in those dimensions then I would do just ported through deck and seal off the subs from the trunk

Archived