Sonic Electronix

ok, so having a strange issue. last month my friend bought my AQ2200 from me, same day i installed my pure audio 3k amp, first song i played it was cutting out then i played another and seemed fine. well the issue is, when i go to turn my volume down it cuts out for a quick sec, it sometimes does it full tilt. like the song bitch better have my money, it cuts out full tilt. so me and my friend went over every connection, i have no loose ground or anything so we assumed it was a bad amp, so i sent that out and they sent me a new one. i got it yesterday and it still cut out! now when i did the DMM test to see how my amp was, thought maybe the amp is going into protect so when i played at idle and watched it. played same song that it cut out while driving, at idle it was perfectly fine. DAFUQ

so i thought maybe its a loose remote wire, so i took a jumper and ran it from power wire to remote that way the amp stayed on and it still cut out. i took a DMM to read the voltage at the amp, and i was dropping to 12.3 at idle. while driving its 12.8

im so damn confused on how this is possible, i tuned the amp with the dd1 -5db. im thinking maybe its the rcas or head unit? as for electrical i have.

big 3

yellow top under hood

mechman 170a alt

kitneik hc2400 in rear

everything OFC 1/0awg wire

maybe i have a bad battery that is reading fine but cant do anything under a load?

help

You replaced a good amp.with a turd.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What are the subs wired to? Can the new amp run the same impedance as the old?

1 ohm on the pure audio amp makes each of the two internal amplifiers see .5. which is probably OP's issue, maybe, idk.

should've realized that he was going to be changing from 1 ohm on a single amp, to 1 ohm strapped on two amps.

i like the amp better then the AQ actually..more power and sounds just as good...just saying

Um it doesnt even work how can you compare a working smp to what you have now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived