Second Skin Audio

best cheap subs.... best cheap high excursion sub?

exxxtrem

Duck I dnt need a lesson on how to build a box. I dnt expect you to know my skill level till its done. I will build it. Each sub will have 1.75 plus .25 port volume. Hold all doubts till im done. I guess u missed the part im moving back seat forward 3" on bottom 5" forward on the top. Spent sat plasma cutting out the rear deck. Spent last saturday cutting out the truck tortion bars and brackets to gain 3" height and 4" width. Choooed out some useless in the way sheetmetal. This not a rookie half ass modification.

Duck I dnt need a lesson on how to build a box. I dnt expect you to know my skill level till its done. I will build it. Each sub will have 1.75 plus .25 port volume. Hold all doubts till im done. I guess u missed the part im moving back seat forward 3" on bottom 5" forward on the top. Spent sat plasma cutting out the rear deck. Spent last saturday cutting out the truck tortion bars and brackets to gain 3" height and 4" width. Choooed out some useless in the way sheetmetal. This not a rookie half ass modification.

Whats goin on, I didn't read all the threads so im just gonna give my personal preference. I started with budget builds and cheap stuff and I also have a cavalier. Its a 2000. I had some pretty bangy stuff for low cost. My real banger in a prefab box was 2 Diamond d3's. Dual 2's. Was on a Avionixx sxd 1600.4. In a MTX Bass Slammer. 33hz @ 3 cubes. Then a Boss Riot 2400.1 @ 2 ohms. I must say the boss amp won that battle. One sub blew (one was bad when I bought them) so wired the 1 left @ 1 ohm and gave it all the Boss amp had. It held up real good for months (the sub) til it went. But I abused the hell out of it. Big 3 stock alt. Now I have a 6.5 gross cu box with 2 lanzar opti's and 3 Autotek amps on backseat on rack. Built myself, saved tons and got deals on a lot.

you cant be serious, that boss doesnt put out enough power to power my tweeters

Im not a Boss fan whats so ever. Got it for cheap. But I was impressed that it held up. Powering the 1 12 @28hz. It did hold up is all I was saying hence (cheap). It had people grabbing there ears. Including a buddy with 4 15's and a buddy with 2 15's on 6000w. It powered my Lanzar Opti hittng low.

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

4-Kenwood 6.5's

2-Powerbass 6x9's

2-Autotek Street Machine 3200.1's

1-Autotek Street Machine 1400.4

2-12'' Lanzar Optidrives 1232d

1-XS Power 950 AGM Batt

1/0 AWG Stinger for Big 3

DB Link 4 AWG ran

Pretty large difference in sound and the soundqubed is less likely to randomly break or catch on fire

Kind of what I was gonna say, you can daily pound that soundQ for years, but the others don't last even 1/10 as long

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Soccer balls moneys never been the issue. I wanted to do a cheap system. Now that im going to soend a ton of time on building this box its not worth my time to out in the hifonics. If it were a half day box cool. If im spending days on this my time is money. Gonna be proud of it.

If you read my post you would know I didn't miss anything, i mentioned moving the seat was a bad idea. It's cool that your are chopping this car up just for fun but i really don't see the point in all of this myself. My time is money, I wouldnt waste the wood and plasma and time just to "half wall" a car and run a 1400 watt amp to 57 cheap subs. But you are not me. I guess i will excuse myself from this thread since my only advice is not what you want to hear. Hopefully you listen to the guys that know what they are doing and have done this. Good luck, hope you succeed.

post some pics of your build.. very interested on seeing it

X2

In for a build log

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

if you want to go with planet audio, fine. but dont bitch and whine when the amps randomly decide to go up in smoke then you have to buy more amplifiers, which in the end will cost more than if you just went with quality shit from the beginning.

you want good pricing and loud? all soundqubed everything.

you want cheap pricing and quiet? planet audio.

Removing supports and the rear deck in a unibody car not a good idea. After it is done take it to a car wash and watch the back window break because of the supports being removed. Those supports are there because there is no frame under there. I would not let my kids ride in that car with all the supports gone. Going to crush like a pop can. Do 2-18 and be done.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12