Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

best cheap subs.... best cheap high excursion sub?


exxxtrem

Recommended Posts

Posted

the 2400 was the one my friend used for a long time, mostly due to his size constraints rather than any other reason. like i said he clamped it around 1900 watts at a little over 1 ohm, so thats pretty good compared to others in the price range. its efficiency is not very good though and if your someone that can really tell differences in a quality amp vs not so quality then you may not like it. But it ran great while he had it, and it abused it sa8v2, sadly he swapped in a new sa8v2 and forgot to reattach one of the wires and when he started his truck it fried the amp.

but like i said if you want to use planet audio stick with the big bang series and its decent for what you pay. as far as cheaper amps (supposed power vs cost), i personally dont know of any others, ive only used kenwood excelon, rockford fosgate, and currently powerbass and those have all done rated

Posted

Whats goin on, I didn't read all the threads so im just gonna give my personal preference. I started with budget builds and cheap stuff and I also have a cavalier. Its a 2000. I had some pretty bangy stuff for low cost. My real banger in a prefab box was 2 Diamond d3's. Dual 2's. Was on a Avionixx sxd 1600.4. In a MTX Bass Slammer. 33hz @ 3 cubes. Then a Boss Riot 2400.1 @ 2 ohms. I must say the boss amp won that battle. One sub blew (one was bad when I bought them) so wired the 1 left @ 1 ohm and gave it all the Boss amp had. It held up real good for months (the sub) til it went. But I abused the hell out of it. Big 3 stock alt. Now I have a 6.5 gross cu box with 2 lanzar opti's and 3 Autotek amps on backseat on rack. Built myself, saved tons and got deals on a lot.

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

4-Kenwood 6.5's

2-Powerbass 6x9's

2-Autotek Street Machine 3200.1's

1-Autotek Street Machine 1400.4

2-12'' Lanzar Optidrives 1232d

1-XS Power 950 AGM Batt

1/0 AWG Stinger for Big 3

DB Link 4 AWG ran

Posted

they're both shit regardless.

edit: crescendo, soundqubed, and ct sounds/audio technix are literally your cheapest options for good amplifiers.

edit 2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-1400-1D-amp-amplifier-1800w-RMS-3000w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/111125861687 meade did an amp dyno video of this amp. did 2400w at 14.1v.

He just mentioned planet audio. In before he finds a shark 2500 and claims its the best 2500 watt amp.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

lol, i do agree with kranny on crescendo, soundqubed, and ct sounds. I personally plan on going the way of CT sounds once finances are available.

Posted

Whats goin on, I didn't read all the threads so im just gonna give my personal preference. I started with budget builds and cheap stuff and I also have a cavalier. Its a 2000. I had some pretty bangy stuff for low cost. My real banger in a prefab box was 2 Diamond d3's. Dual 2's. Was on a Avionixx sxd 1600.4. In a MTX Bass Slammer. 33hz @ 3 cubes. Then a Boss Riot 2400.1 @ 2 ohms. I must say the boss amp won that battle. One sub blew (one was bad when I bought them) so wired the 1 left @ 1 ohm and gave it all the Boss amp had. It held up real good for months (the sub) til it went. But I abused the hell out of it. Big 3 stock alt. Now I have a 6.5 gross cu box with 2 lanzar opti's and 3 Autotek amps on backseat on rack. Built myself, saved tons and got deals on a lot.

you cant be serious, that boss doesnt put out enough power to power my tweeters

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

So soundqubed 2k watt amp 450$

Ct sounds 1100$ um.. thats a bad ass amp

Havent found price on crecendo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5693 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...