Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Resin the inside of my Enclosure?


RiottStarr

Recommended Posts

Posted

Pro's

- Closes the pores on MDF wood

- Strengthens the enclosures structural integrity if used with fiberglass

- Increased air flow in ported and bandpass if cured and sanded properly

- Water resistant & moisture proof

Con's

- leaves a resin smell for a long time

- slightly drops airspace when applied to the inside of an enclosure

- heavy, messy and expensive

- can crack if not used with fiberglass

Posted

Pros: makes is stronger

Cons: is smells bad

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Posted

if your not competing and looking for tenths of a decibel, most likely, your not gonna hear a difference. I feel as if it would take at least a few layers to get it strong enough to make even a small difference and then your changing your airspace...not by much, but for little result.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

No, not competing. Its just two DC XL 12's and a Sundown 5k. Just for general public nuisance purposes. Ok, soo recommendations for painting the inside...Atleast the visible parts? Tips and Tricks.... GO!!!

Posted

I can personally vouch for the smell factor.

I fiberglassed my box over a month ago and it still reeks every time anyone get's in it...to other people. its hard for me to smell it cause im so used to it now.

I may or may not have mixed my harder correctly though so that could be why its taking so long.

Even still, Im a big believer in fiberglassing. Especially for large boxes, or boxes that will see heavy subs and alot of power. if your subs are on 500 watts...your fine with just the wood.

Edit: didn't see it was going to be on a 5k. I would FORSURE fiberglass it, but again that's just preference

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

Posted

The smell should be gone within a few days if mixed properly. I've done a lot of glass work and the odor shouldn't factor into your decision imo.

If it were me and the box is built strong, I would do a single thick layer of resin and sand it smooth afterwards.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...