component sets with low frequency response

Etstudley@gmail.com

I'd consider a 3 way comp set. I'd also highly consider running active from like a Fosgate 360.3 and have a the mid driver mind of dedicated for as much bass as possible. I'd be curious what the SQ guys think of this, ESPECIALLY CablGuy(Randal with White Lighting). Randal is considering going NO sub stage and I'd be picking his brain if I were you.

You with maybe have to piece together this 3 way set. Id get a mid driver and make a sealed pod in the door for bass response. You're probably not going to get crazy impressive bass, but you should be able to accurately reproduce a solid signal.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'd consider a 3 way comp set. I'd also highly consider running active from like a Fosgate 360.3 and have a the mid driver mind of dedicated for as much bass as possible. I'd be curious what the SQ guys think of this, ESPECIALLY CablGuy(Randal with White Lighting). Randal is considering going NO sub stage and I'd be picking his brain if I were you.

You with maybe have to piece together this 3 way set. Id get a mid driver and make a sealed pod in the door for bass response. You're probably not going to get crazy impressive bass, but you should be able to accurately reproduce a solid signal.

Thank you Sir for those kind words ...

You guys ever wonder what is actually going on when you experiment and set your crossovers really low on your midbass drivers and start getting that "popping" action with the midbass drivers ??? Throwing too much power on them ?? drivers just not strong enough to take the abuse ?? Is the driver installed correctly ??

Its normally one of two things happening ...

1. When most people build sub enclosures strong enough to handle the power from the drivers ... they do not do the same for the midbass drivers. Really ?? a small piece of mdf screwed on to the thin metal of the door ??? chances are the drivers are not making the popping noise ... its the door flexing. Get a midbass driver to work correctly and you will see stuff move ...

People trip out when they see my doors flex with only my components cranking that dubstep ...

2. most amplifier companies rate their amplifiers by xxx watts per channel at 1k htz ... meaning that when you ask them play MUCH lower frequiencies, they can only produce about a fraction of the output power needed to give that midbass driver the proper driver control that it needs ... THIS has flagged class A/B amlpifiers as "Low Efficient"

... sad really

THIS is why I went with Linear Power amplifiers ... They rate their amplifiers at xxx watts per channel at 50 htz ... meaning that they can give midbass drivers more than enough driver control so that they can play those LOWER frequiencies without making the driver "pop" and in return give you clear low frequiency output that we all desire ...

So the moral of this story is that if you want your midbass driver to play low ... treat your install location like you are installing a monster sub in there and do your home work and get you a amlpifier set up that can handle giving your components the adequate power to do what you really need them to do ...

As for drivers ... Linear Power (formerly Blues Car Audio) midbass drivers are 5.25, 6.5, 8, and 10" drivers ...

All are designed to play completly fullrange just as the old built loudspeakers (most of you guys are referring them now as "pro audio" drivers) ... they can use the 6.5" driver for a sub bass driver if the application calls ... they can use the 10" driver as a midbass driver if the application calls ...

I know, they are kinda pricey ... but name any other 5.25" component midrange/midbass driver that can play comfortable down to 70 htz like mine do on a daily basis ... So can if they can play that low, can you guess how low my door 6.5" drivers are playing ???

... You can ask anybody that's demod my truck at the great lengths I've took to install these drivers to make them play like I want them too ...

I hope I've covered everything ... Not sure if I typed everything my mind was trying to say ...

I know ... I can't type worth a darn and my spelling ain't so great either ... LOL

EDIT: here is a vid of my 6.5" drivers when we tested them for the doors ... please note that NOTHING else is playing in the truck at that time ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I mean, the physics of the cone is going to be the limiting factor here. Low frequencies have larger and longer waves, while a 6.5" can "play" at 30Hz, the defined 30Hz sound wave will not be even slightly, if at all audible to the human ear. They just don't have the surface area or the xmax to properly reproduce the wave basically.

Some of the better sets I've seen say 40Hz-60kHz which is still 40,000 more hertz than you will ever need (or hear) but there might be some sets out there than can get even lower.

If you're not dead set on a pair that will do 30Hz, then I'm sure there is plenty out there for you lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

There is not one speaker out there in the 6.5" range capable of taking 30hz abuse for very long before tearing itself apart in one way or another, and this is coming from someone who went that route and replaced speakers close to every 4 to 6 months. If spending money on speakers as quickly as you will it will be better to find a way to put a small 8" sub in your car to take the low frequency instead of your components.

List of speakers gone through in a rather short period of time.

Hertz HSK 165

Pioneer 6x9's 2 sets

Focal access 165

Jbl p660c 2 sets

Polk Audio mm691

Amazing what old school power can do to speakers when playing full range.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

List of speakers gone through in a rather short period of time.

Hertz HSK 165

Pioneer 6x9's 2 sets

Focal access 165

Jbl p660c 2 sets

Polk Audio mm691

Amazing what old school power can do to speakers when playing full range.

What amplifier ??? if you don't mind me asking ...

I've seen a 6.5"(and smaller) in a home setup that got down and dirty into the 30s and not break a sweat.

Yep ... same here

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived