03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

I just got done playing with them and dialing them in pretty good by free airing them. They are playing at like 250hz and below and put out some real nice midbass on the gains i had set by ear and smello meter. I know I know but just testing them so wasnt worried about them being DD-1'd at the moment. I think the will work good in the kicks and then then bring the mids and highs up a bit higher after i glass the doors to get the righ alignment. For kinda shallow midbass drivers they seem to work well. I could have gotten better but then they where deeper and would work.

Now just to figure out where to put the T2s & T3 in the doors. I will have to take a panel off and play with it but not today. Just happy these CDTs sound pretty good. It was a roll of the dice.

Oh they where $200+ shipping so not real cheap but fit the budget for now. Wont be until winter before its all done and put back together but i am cool with that. Doors will take awhile to do right plus the extra deadener i will put in. Basically another major break down! lol

So have you seen this before?.........

CDTwiredto2ohm2014001_zpsd2c07f87.jpg

CDTwiredto2ohm2014002_zpsac30a64a.jpg

Spent about an hour last night wiring them down to 2 ohms.

CDTwiredto2ohm2014003_zps0cb7ca17.jpg

I like the clean look and ease of use wiring them like this. The push pin terminals can only take 16 awg wire so this was the best way to hook up the jumpers.

CDTwiredto2ohm2014004_zpsa7766bea.jpg

If it wasnt raining out today i would go put these in my kicks and run some wires to T400-4 under my seat to run them until i get around to glassing doors. Maybe next weekend?

CDTwiredto2ohm2014005_zps8114e57b.jpg

One side of coils....

CDTwiredto2ohm2014006_zps26c2758f.jpg

Other side of coils....

Nice, never would have thought of that myself

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Nice, never would have thought of that myself

Thanks, i did it to the HDS310s too, just easier and a cleaner way to go IMO. Plus its fun to do. What new with you man!

Looks nice. Good work man...

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Nothing new here, just working.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Are those the M6's?

Ya the HD M6DVC, You made a better choice with the XXXs and i would have gotton those but they are too deep to fit in the kicks.

I was looking at the M6+ before I got the XXXs.

Archived